"Twin Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar by antistar
Sankt Goar Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 454 photos
St Goar, and its twin town directly across the river St Goarhausen, offer two of the most beautiful locations on the entire Rhein river, but also some of the most touristy. If you can put up with the crowds, and it helps to come in the off-season, the towns can be very enjoyable and offer a wealth of sights and experiences. Apart from the town itself, whose quiet narrow back streets are a pleasure to walk through, there are the two amazing castles of Burg Katz and the smaller Burg Rheinfels (sometimes referred to as Burg Maus for obvious reasons). In addition to these fine historical buildings is the world famous rock of the Loreley, and some of the best views of the Rhein and surrounding countryside you can find anywhere.
The trip up the river Rhein by boat is an unmissible experience, and one that draws in tourists from miles around. It... more travel advice
Well the whole place is a bit of a tourist trap. The whole river front is one long row of restaurants and hotels. Still,... more travel advice
antistar's Related Pages
Sankt Goar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St.Goar - the home of the Loreley / Lorelei"
- "Our homebase on the Rhein"
- "On the road again"
- "weekend in St. Goar"
- "Twin Town"
- "Sankt Goar"
- "Sankt Goar - Rhine river, castles, wineyards!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sankt Goar
- Hotels in Sankt Goar
- Transportation in Sankt Goar
- Nightlife in Sankt Goar
- Restaurants in Sankt Goar
- Shopping in Sankt Goar
- Warnings and Dangers in Sankt Goar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sankt Goar
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Sankt Goar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sankt Goar
Photos in Sankt GoarSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 85 reviews, 154 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 56 reviews, 141 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Malta Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos
- Valletta Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stuttgart Intro, 45 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 41 reviews, 79 photos