"Hitler's Favourite City" Top 5 Page for this destination Linz by antistar
Linz Travel Guide: 145 reviews and 449 photos
Perhaps before the war this city of over 200,000 people was more splendid, which may have been the reason Hitler fell in love with it, but the war, and the subsequent post-war reconstruction, have left Linz a little grey and frayed around the edges. That's not to say it is without its attractions, though, and a walk down the Danube will show you that it still has plenty of its beauty intact, and the modern populace have worked hard to produce some wonderful tourist delights of their own, like the amazing Ars Electronica exhibition.
Check out my Linz Travelogue
Things I Loved
Walking along the Danube is amazing on a summer's evening.
Linz is a bit grim and grey.
Linz can be reached very cheaply from the UK by plane from London Stansted. An OB bus runs from just outside the airport... more travel advice
Ah, the Danube. How could any city be on the Danube and not have something special about it. As I exited the last clump... more travel advice
antistar's Related Pages
Linz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Linz Page"
- "A Winter's Day in Linz"
- "Hitler's Favourite City"
- "Linz - European Capital of Culture 2009 !"
- "Linz Page"
- "Nice Small City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Linz
- Hotels in Linz
- Transportation in Linz
- Nightlife in Linz
- Restaurants in Linz
- Shopping in Linz
- Warnings and Dangers in Linz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Linz
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Linz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Linz
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 96 reviews, 173 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 65 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 59 reviews, 147 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- London Intro, 68 reviews, 109 photos
- Germany Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 53 reviews, 100 photos