Stuttgart Restaurant Tips by antistar Top 5 Page for this destination

Stuttgart Restaurants: 75 reviews and 73 photos

Cortijo: Spanish Tapas Bar/Restaurant

I came upon this Spanish tapas bar and restaurant on Nadlerstrasse, after wandering around hopelessly with a full bladder and an empty stomach. I was in this state because I'd spent an hour searching for the Iden restaurant on Eberhardstrasse, as recommended to me by the Rough Guide to Germany, only to find it inexplicably closed when I eventually found it. I swear the Rough Guide is years out of date.

Not to worry, though, as chance took me to Cortijo. The waiter at the door, who looked uncannily like Antonio Banderas. He was watching me stand between his restaurant and another, but with a look on his face more like he wanted to help me than give me the hard sell for his restaurant. Without prompting I asked him if he spoke English, and in perfect English he informed me that there was no language other than German that he spoke. After much laughter I was sold, but he insisted that I see the English language menu before I sat myself down, just in case there was nothing that I wanted.

I picked the Spanish omelette, and chose a seat at the bar to people watch as they made my dinner. The place was hopping, and there were plenty of Spanish voices to be heard, and mostly from the customers rather than the staff. The food that passed me by looked amazing, and I was salivating by the time tortilla arrived. I was not to be disappointed, as it was fantastic. I had to eschew the complimentary bread, to make sure there was as much room as possible to stuff every last bit of the main dish into my stomach. At only 8.80, including a bottle of my favourite San Pellegrino mineral water, it was a veritable bargain. I left a good tip.

Tip: click on the Anfahrt link at the bottom of the Cortijo's website, linked below, for a map.

Address: Eberhardstrasse 10/Top Nadlerstrasse

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Take a left onto Nadlerstrasse from Eberhardstrasse, and it is just there on your left.

Phone: 0711 243 221

Price: less than US$10

Rating: 5

Theme: Other

Website: http://www.cortijo.de/

• Updated Oct 14, 2013
Street cafes in November. In central europe. - Stuttgart

Street cafes in November. In central europe.

Cafe Konigsbau: Coffee on the Konigsbau

With its location in the Konigsbau itself, this cafe makes a great location for an outdoor coffee, even in November. You can watch as the mass of shoppers pass by in front of you, silhouetted against the Neues Schloss in the background. The service on my visit was very slow, due to there only being two waiters/waitresses to serve about two dozen tables. It took nearly 3/4 hour to be served, but only three minutes to drink the coffee when it arrived.

Prices are a little higher than usual, but acceptable for the prime location.

Address: Konigsbau

Theme: Coffeehouse

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Nov 3, 2004

antistar

“Treat hosts like your girlfriend, and never tell them how wonderful the last one was.”

Badges & Stats in Stuttgart

Have you been to Stuttgart?

Latest Activity in Stuttgart