Tübingen Restaurant Tips by antistar Top 5 Page for this destination
Tübingen Restaurants: 9 reviews and 16 photos
View from the Neckarmuller beer garden
Wonderfully located on the banks of the Neckar this bar serves great beer and food. I sat in the shadow of Eberhardsbrucke, on a November evening, and it was warm enough to eat a delicious Schwabian stlye pizza: a flammebrot. The service is good, although a little slow due to the popular nature of the place. It also has an English menu, but many of the main dishes are only listed in the German version, so be prepared to translate or ask the helpful waiters/waitresses.
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: If you stand on Eberhardsbrucke, you can't miss it.
I was going to eat here, but it was closed until 5pm, and I couldn't wait an hour. It looked very enticing, and I was sold when two American students walked past, who I'd earlier overheard discussing the town knowingly: one pointed out that this was the place they took people on their first visit to the city. It is a small Schwabian restaurant specializing in Schnitzels and Pork Hacksteaks. It also does a good line in Foliokartoffel (Baked Potato) and a range of Salads. You can find it on Kornhausstrasse; take a left after you find the Kornhaus itself from the Rathaus.
Comparison: about average
Directions: Take a right at the Rathaus, and when you reach the Kornhaus, take a left on Kornhausstr. It is on your left a short way up the street.
More Reviews (19)
antistar's Related Pages
Tübingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval Academia"
- "Tübingen - colorful despite the rain"
- "Studying Abroad"
- "A Sunny Day in Tubingen"
- "Germany's beauty"
- "A lively small town with a lot of young ppl"
- "Beautiful university town close to Stuttgart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tübingen
- Hotels in Tübingen
- Transportation in Tübingen
- Restaurants in Tübingen
- Shopping in Tübingen
- Warnings and Dangers in Tübingen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hawkinge Hotels
- Stoke-upon-Trent Hotels
- Saint-Germain-en-Laye Hotels
- Watford City Hotels
- Nelson Lakes National Park
- Chon Buri
Badges & Stats in Tübingen
- 21 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Tübingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tübingen
- Posted in Travel Ramallah Forum "Re: travelling through allenby to..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Impossibly Tall Gabled Medieval Buildings"
- updated a Tübingen Travel Page "Medieval Academia"
- Commented on one of Callavetta's Tübingen travel pages
- Wrote a Review Tourist Information Office:... in Tübingen Hotels
Photos in TübingenSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 85 reviews, 154 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 56 reviews, 141 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Malta Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos
- Valletta Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stuttgart Intro, 45 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 41 reviews, 79 photos
Latest Tübingen hotel reviews
- Hotel Am Schloss
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013