"Beersheba" Beersheba by antistar
Beersheba Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 298 photos
For me there are only two things that make Beersheba famous: it's the biggest city in the Negev desert, and the world famous Israeli Air Force museum just outside of town. And yes, I actually came all this way just for that. A day trip from Jerusalem just for the air force museum.
Honestly, it's really cool! You can even see it from space... at least on google earth.
Beersheba is not much of a city to look at. It's almost the same colour as the desert it sits in, and the buildings consist mostly of uniform sand brown tower blocks. It looks hideously socialist, and reminds me of a dry, hot version of a dozens of forgettable East European cities.
One of the most interesting, and striking, aspects of the town is its ethnic diversity. I saw it immediately I arrived in the city. There were Jews from Slavic and Arab countries, even many Ethiopian Jews. There were also plenty of Bedouin arabs too. In a way, the diversity of the people made up somewhat for the drabness of the city.
To the north of the city, at Hatzerim Air Base, there is one of the most famous aircraft museums in the world: The... more travel advice
antistar's Related Pages
Beersheba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "beer sheva my home town"
- "Beersheva: A city on the sand"
- "Beer Sheva, the center of the Negev"
- "Welcome to Be'er-Sheva"
- "Be`er Sheva"
- "Beer Sheva"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beersheba
- Hotels in Beersheba
- Transportation in Beersheba
- Nightlife in Beersheba
- Restaurants in Beersheba
- Shopping in Beersheba
- Warnings and Dangers in Beersheba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beersheba
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Beersheba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beersheba
Photos in BeershebaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 96 reviews, 173 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 65 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 59 reviews, 147 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- London Intro, 68 reviews, 109 photos
- Germany Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 53 reviews, 100 photos