"Bad Homburg" Bad Homburg vor der Höhe by antistar
Bad Homburg vor der Höhe Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 262 photos
Bad Homburg is one of Germany's wealthiest towns (possibly the wealthiest), and you can see that from the moment you exit the train station. This is no seedy square covered in the weekend's debris of beer and fast food - instead there's an elegant walk through modern office buildings. Then you have two directions to choose from: One to the park and the other to the palace and old town. Both are beautiful.
The great and good have been drawn to the city of the years, tempted by the spa water and its alleged health giving properties. They were also attracted to its money - the gambling kind. One of the first casinos in the world was opened here, the owner of which went on to open the casino of Monte Carlo. Dostoyevski was one famous patron. Today the gambling continues in the casino, and in the banks of Frankfurt whose directors all live in Bad Homburg.
A century ago the King of Siam came regularly to Bad Homburg to make use of the legendary healing properties of the spa... more travel advice
What wars don't destroy, human folly surely will. Insane as it may sound, Bad Homburg's beautiful Altstadt was slated... more travel advice
antistar's Related Pages
Bad Homburg vor der Höhe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hölderlin in Bad Homburg"
- "Bad Homburg, a city of style and romance"
- "weekend in Bad Homburg"
- "Bad Homburg vor der Höhe"
- "Spa City Bad Homburg"
- "BAD HOMBURG"
- "Bad Homburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
- Hotels in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
- Transportation in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
- Restaurants in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
- Shopping in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Bad Homburg vor der Höhe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
Photos in Bad Homburg vor der HöheSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 85 reviews, 154 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 56 reviews, 141 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Malta Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos
- Valletta Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stuttgart Intro, 45 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 41 reviews, 79 photos