"Palaces of Bruhl" Brühl by antistar
Brühl Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 62 photos
Half way between Cologne and Bonn are the stunningly beautiful palaces of Bruhl. When we arrived it was late on a winter's day, and the early evening light produced amazingly long shadows stretched across glorious gardens. And in winter the gardens are almost completely empty of people.
Bruhl is a small town easily accessed by train from Cologne or Bonn - about 15 minutes from either. It's a pleasant little town, but the main draws are the two palaces of Augustusburg and Falkenlust. The Augustusburg Palace is right next to the train station, so even if you only have 15 minutes to spare on your way south from Cologne, it's absolutely worth stopping off here.
Pretty much every regional train (not the white express trains) that runs from Cologne through Bonn stops at Bruhl. It... more travel advice
antistar's Related Pages
Brühl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fantastic Phantasia land"
- "Palaces of Bruhl"
- "Arriving late at night..."
- "A good reason to visit Bruhl"
- "Brühl - more than Phantasialand!"
- "The wonderful Schloss Augustusburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brühl
- Hotels in Brühl
- Transportation in Brühl
- Restaurants in Brühl
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brühl
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Brühl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brühl
Photos in BrühlSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 93 reviews, 164 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 56 reviews, 141 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- London Intro, 68 reviews, 109 photos
- Germany Intro, 51 reviews, 124 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 53 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malta Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos