"Historical Mining town" Top 5 Page for this destination Pilgrim's Rest by cleocat
Pilgrim's Rest Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 104 photos
The entire little town has been declared a national monument.
From the 1870's onwards it was bustling with people from all over after gold was found there.
There are lots of shops (expensive) and old buildings reliving the days of the gold rush.
I'll add some pictures as we are going there later in the year.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery, interesting, reliving an exciting past.
- Cons:Expensive, very tourist orientated,
- In a nutshell:Worthwhile experience. The atmosphere is different, you feel if you are back in the 1800's
This is not really a tourist trap but useful to know. Pelgrim's Rest is very expensive. You can buy many of the articles... more travel advice
Beautiful place inside the forest. Lodges vary from 4 sleepers to 6 or 8. You can also book into the hotel. It is a RCI... more travel advice
cleocat's Related Pages
Pilgrim's Rest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pilgrim's Rest - [Mpumalanga]"
- "Historical Mining town"
- "There's gold in them there hills...."
- "Little mining town"
- "Pilgrim's Rest"
- "Searching for the spirit of the Greatheart"
- "Taking a step back into yesteryear..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pilgrim's Rest
- Hotels in Pilgrim's Rest
- Restaurants in Pilgrim's Rest
- Shopping in Pilgrim's Rest
- Warnings and Dangers in Pilgrim's Rest
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pilgrim's Rest
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Pilgrim's Rest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pilgrim's Rest
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 36 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Durban Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Namibia Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Johannesburg Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Clarens Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- England Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hermanus Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos