"Off the beaten path" Potchefstroom by cleocat
Potchefstroom Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 29 photos
I lived in Potchefstroom for over 7 years while studying at the university.
Great couple of years in this lovely place.
Not so much of a tourist attraction in general but a beautiful town with a lot of history.
Potchefstroom, the first town and capital of the former Transvaal Republic, has retained much of the charm of its early years, in contrast to the frenetic bustle of Johannesburg and the brashness of other newer centres.
Potchefstroom has developed into a leading city in the province and the country.The town's industries include South Africa's only chalk factory and one of the largest organ factories in the country.
Today, the City of Potchefstroom combines a strong agricultural economy with a friendly, buzzing community and university life and a generous hospitality.
Potchefstroom has a multitude of national monuments, respected educational institutions and a strong agricultural economy.
Aardklop happens every year during the last week in September. It consists of theatre productions, art exhibitions;... more travel advice
cleocat's Related Pages
Potchefstroom Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Potchefstroom
- Hotels in Potchefstroom
- Warnings and Dangers in Potchefstroom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Potchefstroom
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Potchefstroom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Potchefstroom
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 36 reviews, 53 photos
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Durban Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Namibia Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Johannesburg Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Clarens Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- England Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos