"Pretty as a picture" Inhaca by cleocat
Inhaca Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 5 photos
Inhaca is a beautiful island off the coast of Maputo. With the speed boat it is about 1 hour from Maputo.
The cost is $30 per person or $50 including a fish lunch.
On the island there is a beautiful hotel/resort with a nice restaurant and a big swimming pool ovelooking the ocean.
It is ideal for a day trip from Maputo.
Alternitavely you can spend a night on the island and return the next day.
A few km away from Inhaca is Portugese Island with an unspoiled beach and it is great for swimming and snorkeling.
It was Dec and very hot. This little path was pretty and there were lots of shade. It didn't go anywhere but captured the tranquility of the island.
The water at Maputo is not as clear as at the islands.
- Pros:Quiet; tranquil; warm sea water; close to Maputo for one day trips;
- Cons:Only spend one day there - nothing I observed in that time.
- In a nutshell:I felt a little bit as if we were back in Mauritius
The water is warm, clear and there are no waves. Portugese Island is a few km from Inhaca and the boats first stop there... more travel advice
cleocat's Related Pages
Inhaca Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Inhaca
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Inhaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Inhaca
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 36 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Durban Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Namibia Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Johannesburg Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Clarens Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- England Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hermanus Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos