"Paradise in Egypt" Top 5 Page for this destination Kawm ad Dahab by ct-bound

Kawm ad Dahab Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 335 photos

Paradise, plain and simple

We went on a huge trip over Oct-Nov this year, and finally had a chance to truly unwind when we reached Dahab. Full of locals and expats alike, even we took some serious time to consider dropping out of life at home and buying a small place on the beach to rent rooms for a living.

It's a wonderful life. Wake up, eat breakfast, go snorkelling for an hour or two. Lie on a beach chair and soak up the sun, eat lunch. Snorkel some more, dry off in the sun again, walk along the boardwalk and then have some dinner on the beach. Go to bed. Repeat.

Oh, and please please take a read of my 'Travelogue' about snorkling with the eels in Dahab - this experience greatly shaped my entire trip in ways I would not have thought :)

Tropical breezes

Life on the boardwalk in Dahab!

Into the Sinai on camelback

How do you like our Bedouin guide? He and his brothers made us Bedouin bread and tea out in the desert on a sunset ride :)

• Pros:Great weather, great people, beautiful land/sea scape
  • Cons:I'm not there right now!
  • Last visit to Kawm ad Dahab: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated May 1, 2006

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 8:09 AM

Great pages on Dahab. You have helped me to book my trip there for the end of November :)

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2005 at 11:05 PM

Fantastic page! I can't wait to go there in October!!! :)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2005 at 11:17 PM

The watercurrents around eel garden sounds awful, otherwise Dahab seems to be a lovely place. I plan to visit later this year. Great tips!

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 10:19 PM

Very tempting page ... makes me want to leave everything and go to Sinai right now .. I hope to do that later in March when it will be a little warmer

• vdoortje's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2005 at 12:47 AM

Great Dahab site!!! WOW, that brings back some fond memories ;-)

• LotusV8's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 9:15 AM

A very nice Dahab page! Wish to be back some day.

• luv2tango's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2005 at 1:59 AM

Dahab looks wonderful, too bad your husband got sick. Great tips, thanks for sharing. Anita

• desmoni's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2004 at 9:28 AM

Hello, I just read your tip about the Nirvana hotel in Kawn ad Dahab, can you tell me more about it...also is it close to an airport?THX

ct-bound

“Life is one big trip, don't forget to enjoy the details along the way.”

Badges & Stats in Kawm ad Dahab

Have you been to Kawm ad Dahab?

Latest Activity in Kawm ad Dahab