"Neah Bay and Shi Shi Beach" Neah Bay by kimod74
Neah Bay Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 57 photos
We did the two mile hike in and out to Shi Shi Beach. Well worth it, beautiful hike, except beware that if there has been rain the majority of your hike is not on a nice path, it turns totally muddy!! Beautiful scenery and very secluded. You may be the only ones hiking in, or there may be a few other people on the beach, but not many that is for sure. If you want seclusion and peace do the hike to Shi Shi Beach.
We were on a motorcycle trip of the northwest coast and the reason for us going up to Neah Bay was for Shi Shi Beach so here is another photo of the beach.
This picture is of the beginning of the trail at Shi Shi. Many wooden planks, turns into a gravel trail then eventually a dirt trail which can be very muddy.
Website for Shi Shi: http://www.nps.gov/olym/wic/trails/shsh.htm
- Pros:(Shi Shi) Not crowded, can't beat the scenery and easy hiking.
- Cons:Muddy trail at times.
- In a nutshell:A must see if you are in this part of the country!!
kimod74's Related Pages
Neah Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northwesternmost Point in the U.S."
- "The Town at the Beginning of the Earth"
- "Neah Bay and Shi Shi Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Neah Bay
- Hotels in Neah Bay
- Transportation in Neah Bay
- Restaurants in Neah Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Neah Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Neah Bay
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Neah Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Neah Bay
Top 10 Pages
- Cancún Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Sturgis Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arlington Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Madison Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Lahaina Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kapalua Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.