"STURGIS!" Sturgis by kimod74
Sturgis Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 47 photos
Sturgis was a fun experience. My husband and I went on his bike traveling from Colorado Springs east through Nebraska (how exciting that was..NOT) and up to South Dakota. I think Sturgis would be really fun with a very large group of friends to party with and get rowdy, but with just me and my husband (we can be quite boring) that party excitement wasn't there for us.
Sturgis is crowded beyond belief and though I am thankful for the experience I don't know if I will ever go up to Sturgis during bike week again, it's hard to enjoy the rides there are soooo many bikes it's insane! I would definately do South Dakota again, it's absolutely beautiful part of America.
The picture on the left is a ride we went on through this road that was off the main road. It went through the trees and was really fun, and not very busy! Amazing.
The picture on the right is a concept bike (I believe made by Dodge, the company that makes vehicles). In Sturgis just walking along main street you can stop in at different vendors and sites and see cool stuff like this bike!! This one had tons of horsepower and is very bizarre looking.
- Pros:Good party scene, overall just a different experience!
- Cons:Too crowded, hard to enjoy motorcycle rides in the mountains with a gazillion bikes everywhere!
- In a nutshell:A fun time, just too crowded. Glad I did it once don't know if I will again!
Sturgis during bike week is one big tourist trap as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed going but it is... more travel advice
Where do I start? We decided to camp at Sturgis because we had no other choice. All of the hotels are booked up WAY in... more travel advice
kimod74's Related Pages
Sturgis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Sturgis Page"
- "Sturgis-Home of the Motorcyle Rally"
- "My Sturgis Page for Bike Week"
- "Largest motorcycle run in the USA.!"
- "Another Ride"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sturgis
- Hotels in Sturgis
- Nightlife in Sturgis
- Restaurants in Sturgis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sturgis
- 6 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Sturgis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sturgis
Top 10 Pages
- Cancún Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Sturgis Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arlington Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Madison Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Lahaina Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kapalua Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.