"STURGIS!" Sturgis by kimod74

Sturgis Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 47 photos

BIKES ! BIKES ! BIKES!

Sturgis was a fun experience. My husband and I went on his bike traveling from Colorado Springs east through Nebraska (how exciting that was..NOT) and up to South Dakota. I think Sturgis would be really fun with a very large group of friends to party with and get rowdy, but with just me and my husband (we can be quite boring) that party excitement wasn't there for us.
Sturgis is crowded beyond belief and though I am thankful for the experience I don't know if I will ever go up to Sturgis during bike week again, it's hard to enjoy the rides there are soooo many bikes it's insane! I would definately do South Dakota again, it's absolutely beautiful part of America.

Riding is what it's all about!

The picture on the left is a ride we went on through this road that was off the main road. It went through the trees and was really fun, and not very busy! Amazing.

Interesting things to see!

The picture on the right is a concept bike (I believe made by Dodge, the company that makes vehicles). In Sturgis just walking along main street you can stop in at different vendors and sites and see cool stuff like this bike!! This one had tons of horsepower and is very bizarre looking.

• Pros:Good party scene, overall just a different experience!
  • Cons:Too crowded, hard to enjoy motorcycle rides in the mountains with a gazillion bikes everywhere!
  • In a nutshell:A fun time, just too crowded. Glad I did it once don't know if I will again!
  • Last visit to Sturgis: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 11, 2005

kimod74

“Life is a bore without travel.”

Badges & Stats in Sturgis

Have you been to Sturgis?

Friends