"Iao Valley State Park" Wailuku by kimod74
Wailuku Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 24 photos
Home to the famous "Iao Needle" and a great diversion if you have time on your way to the airport as you are leaving Maui. We visited the Iao Valley before we headed back to the airport and I am so glad we did not miss this beautiful area.
'Iao Valley is the site of one of the most famous battles that occurred in 1790 and changed Hawaii history forever when King Kamehameha I destroyed the Maui army in an effort to unite the Hawaiian Islands
This picture is of the gorgeous river along one of the hiking trail in the Iao Valley State Park. The hiking trails tend to be on the short side, not very long.
Iao Needle-2,250 feet high.
- Pros:Nice place to see lush tropical plants & go on an easy hike.
- Cons:Parking lot is small....
- In a nutshell:A nice diversion into a beautiful green, lush valley.
kimod74's Related Pages
Wailuku Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KristinaLMF's new Kaanapali Beach page"
- "Wailuku, Maui Page"
- "Iao Valley State Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wailuku
- Hotels in Wailuku
- Transportation in Wailuku
- Restaurants in Wailuku
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wailuku
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Wailuku?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wailuku
Top 10 Pages
- Cancún Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Sturgis Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arlington Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Madison Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Lahaina Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kapalua Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.