"Makena & 'Ahihi-Kina'u Natural Area Rese" Makena by kimod74
Makena Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 17 photos
Big Beach is reportedly the largest beach in Maui and the biggest stretch of beach that has not been developed.
It is big and it is wide. The surf was a little on the rough side. South Maui is kind of lonely, just a lot of beaches and a lot of lava rock.
The lava flow at 'Ahihi-Kina'u Natural Area Reserve. See my "things to do" page for more pictures on this area....oh that was a fun hike let me tell you.
- Pros:Lots of lava rocks & nice beaches
- Cons:Not many amenities when you get this far south of Maui
- In a nutshell:It was nice to go down south to get a different perspective of Maui and see some more beaches.
kimod74's Related Pages
Makena Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Makena
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Makena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Makena
Photos in MakenaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Cancún Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Sturgis Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arlington Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Madison Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Lahaina Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kapalua Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Makena hotel reviews
- Makena Beach & Golf Resort
- 1004 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013