"The Road To Hana!!! Oh My God." Top 5 Page for this destination Hana by kimod74

Hana Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 323 photos

Be prepared to spend an entire day on the Road....

By the time we actually made it to Hana, we turned around because we decided we absolutely, no way in hell wanted to drive that road in the dark!! It is 30 miles of winding road that at most times you can only average 15 miles per hour, so go figure, along with stopping off and seeing waterfalls, going on hikes, and visiting beaches it took us ALL FREAKIN' DAY to get to Hana.
By the way, the tips on my Hana page are more geared to what we did ON THE WAY to Hana not IN the town of Hana as we did not have time to explore the actual town itself :(.

Black Beach State Park-On the way to Hana

Black Beach State Park is a really cool beach area (with black sand of course) that has nice trails around it also. Once you walk down to the beach, don't just stop there, continue on up onto the black lava rocks with the cool green plants growing out all over them, there is trail that winds through and is a really cool trail with nice views.

Stop and buy some coconut candy!

Vendors along the road to Hana were scarce it seemed, but I kept seeing these signs along the road advertising Coconut Candy and I knew I had to have some. Finally, we get to the vendor off the side of the road and they of course ripped me off, $5 for a half of a sandwich baggie full of cocunut candy, but you know what , it was enough candy and it was worth it dammit!!

• Pros:Beautiful Lush Scenery & Lots To Do Along The Way!
  • Cons:Drive takes too long, makes for a very tired day!
  • In a nutshell:Whatever you do BUY THE ROAD TO HANA CD!
  • Last visit to Hana: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2006

Comments

kimod74

“Life is a bore without travel.”

Badges & Stats in Hana