"The Road To Hana!!! Oh My God." Top 5 Page for this destination Hana by kimod74
Hana Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 323 photos
By the time we actually made it to Hana, we turned around because we decided we absolutely, no way in hell wanted to drive that road in the dark!! It is 30 miles of winding road that at most times you can only average 15 miles per hour, so go figure, along with stopping off and seeing waterfalls, going on hikes, and visiting beaches it took us ALL FREAKIN' DAY to get to Hana.
By the way, the tips on my Hana page are more geared to what we did ON THE WAY to Hana not IN the town of Hana as we did not have time to explore the actual town itself :(.
Black Beach State Park is a really cool beach area (with black sand of course) that has nice trails around it also. Once you walk down to the beach, don't just stop there, continue on up onto the black lava rocks with the cool green plants growing out all over them, there is trail that winds through and is a really cool trail with nice views.
Vendors along the road to Hana were scarce it seemed, but I kept seeing these signs along the road advertising Coconut Candy and I knew I had to have some. Finally, we get to the vendor off the side of the road and they of course ripped me off, $5 for a half of a sandwich baggie full of cocunut candy, but you know what , it was enough candy and it was worth it dammit!!
- Pros:Beautiful Lush Scenery & Lots To Do Along The Way!
- Cons:Drive takes too long, makes for a very tired day!
- In a nutshell:Whatever you do BUY THE ROAD TO HANA CD!
Hana has tons of waterfalls, most have to be hiked to and you definately need a guide book or the road to Hana CD to... more travel advice
Past the 32 mile marker off the Road to Hana is the road to Wai'anapanapa State Park. The park is clean and well... more travel advice
kimod74's Related Pages
Hana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heavenly Hana"
- "The Road To Hana!!! Oh My God."
- "Maui - Valley Isle"
- "Aloha spirit"
- "Hana not just a road. Its an actual town."
- "Rasta_Rob's Hana Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hana
- Hotels in Hana
- Transportation in Hana
- Restaurants in Hana
- Warnings and Dangers in Hana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hana
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hana
Top 10 Pages
- Cancún Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Sturgis Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arlington Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Madison Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Lahaina Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kapalua Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.