"Crazy Mountains & Bad Ass Weather!!" Silverton by kimod74
Silverton Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 38 photos
I was drawn to Silverton as soon as we dropped in off the monsterous mountain pass on our motorcycle. We went over the pass, it was nice and sunny, got stuck in construction, sat and watched the storm roll in and the temperature drop. Not good. This is June! As we were heading on our way over the pass it started to rain and then hail. Finally we made it into the town and the rain didn't stop for awhile.....fortunately we found a great place to eat (and I wish I could remember the name of it so I could give a review) but it was in an old building that used to be a bar back in the mining days. I loved it. I think in a past life I lived in a mining town or something!
The Silverton Durango Train gives train rides from the town of Silverton. A lot of tourists were loading up and getting ready to leave when we took this picture.
Another street scene of Silverton. See the NASTY clouds in the background? There is one mountain pass into town and one out. Just be prepared for extreme weather changes, in all seasons, that's all I'm saying!
- Pros:Beautiful views, nice restaurants & friendly locals
- Cons:Weather can change on a dime, be prepared! Highway/road construction TERRIBLE during summer months
- In a nutshell:Really great historic place to visit, entrenched in history & scenery.
kimod74's Related Pages
Silverton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SILVERTON - COLORADO"
- "Deep in the San Juan Mountains"
- "Silverton, Colorado"
- "Gold Mining Country"
- "lidman's new Silverton Page"
- "SILVERTON, COLORADO"
- "Crazy Mountains & Bad Ass Weather!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silverton
- Hotels in Silverton
- Transportation in Silverton
- Restaurants in Silverton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Silverton
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Silverton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silverton
Photos in SilvertonSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Cancún Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Sturgis Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arlington Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Madison Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Lahaina Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kapalua Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.