"Kim's Travel Page" kimod74's Profile
Hi! I'm Kim from Colorado Springs, Co. I am creating a travel page on VT as a way for me to keep track of all of the places I have been and plan to go! When I go on vacation I visit sites like VT and others to help me research which hotels are best, etc. and I believe that by me also writing my own reviews I am contributing to that effort.
A little bit about my life:
My husband and I moved to Breckenridge, CO in 1996 from Missoula, MT where we met in high school in 1991. We spent a year working at Breckenridge ski resort and skiing our buts off that winter, we then worked for Keystone Ski Resort during the summer of 1997. While I love Summit County Colorado and think it is one of the most beautiful places in all of Colorado, we found that the living is tough when you are 22 years of age and making $7.50 an hour in a part of Colorado that can be very expensive rent wise. We decided to move to Colorado Springs after visiting the area we decided that Colorado Springs would be a nice place to live plus my husbands mother and step father lived in the area. We gave it a try and have been here ever since.
We have been doing a lot more traveling as the years go on and we realize how important traveling is for your soul. I am always thinking up new places I want to see. When I am on vacation I am thinking about my next vacation! It drives my husband mad.
I work in the field of Government Contracts for a defense contractor in the Springs and my husband is an electrical engineer.
UP & COMING TRIPS PLANNED:
Maui Hawaii-December 2005
New Year's Eve 2005-Denver, Colorado.
Phoenix, Arizona-April 2006.
Dublin, Ireland-Planning on going Fall of 2006....time to visit the in-laws!
San Antonio, Texas-July 2006
Frisco, Colorado-Valkyrie Riders Club (VRC) Rally-July 12-16th, 2006.
Places we are planning on visiting this summer on motorcycle rides:
Deadwood, South Dakota
Taos, New Mexico
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
4 Corners (down past Durango Colorado)
Possible ideas for our next Tropical vacation are:
U.S. Virgin Islands
British Virgin Islands
Hawaii-The Big Island & Kuaui
Places in Europe I'd like to see and soon:
My awesome husband and travel partner! Jon was born in Ireland and has lived in the U.S. since about the age of 11. The majority of his family live in Ireland - hence the reason we go there to visit!
Colorado is a motorcyclists heaven in the summer time. My husband and I take lots of bike trips all over the state. I love Colorado and I wouldn't live anywhere else. This picture is one of the reasons why.
We take lots of motorcycle trips - what else can I say?
This is Skylar--we got her in March of 2005 from the humane society. We think she is about 2 years old and is part yellow lab and border collie. She is a really sweet girl and we are very happy to have been able to adopt her and give her a good home.
This is our dog Cyrus. We got him when he was a little puppy and he is now about 7 years old. He is part black labrador and part australian shepard. He is a good boy, but very lazy and a bit overweight!
My husband and I at my college graduation (Pueblo, Co) May 2005.
We have a nice deck off of our master bedroom, with really good views, and this is what we saw one day. My husband took a picture of the rainbow.....nice.....now where is that pot of gold?
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 172 Reviews
- 331 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 40 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Posted in Travel Dublin Forum "Re: Stephen's Green Hotel"
- Wrote a Review Great Resort-Rocky Beach is a... in Isla Cozumel Hotels
- Commented on one of RickinDutch's Shannon travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "I LOVED SAN ANTONIO & I WILL BE BACK SOMEDAY!"
- created a San Antonio Travel Page "I LOVED SAN ANTONIO & I WILL BE BACK SOMEDAY!"
updated their Profile Page "Kim's Travel Page"
Top 10 Pages
- Cancún Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Sturgis Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arlington Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Madison Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Lahaina Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kapalua Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos