"Sepang Formula 1 2003 - Grandstand view...!" Sepang by saa73
Sepang Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 61 photos
In 2003, I got fed up of sitting on the cheap, uncovered hillstands under the merciless tropical sun as in my previous trips to the F1.
As usual my company didn't allocate any tickets to me.
By a stroke of luck, my colleague was upgraded to the Perdana suite (which entitled him to tour the pit area) and handed his tickets down to me...whoopee!
The grandstands give you the best seats in the house. Formula 1 fans would know that the Sepang circuit has 2 long straights separated by the V shaped grandstands. This means that grandstand spectators get to see only half the overall track. My half featured the start/finish and pitstop action, but not much else. The other side, I was told, is more interesting if you like to watch the cars in action, taking curves/bends, etc.
The hillstands, although HOT, give you better views..but hey, I got these seats for free.. so who's complaining?
If you are thirsty, these lovely young ladies will gladly bring you a nice cold tinnie....
- Pros:Soak up the excitement of F1 with fellow fans from around the world.....
- Cons:Quite hard to follow the progress of the individual teams/racers....that's much better on TV!
- In a nutshell:Definitely the World's Hottest Race!!
saa73's Related Pages
Sepang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SEPANG CIRCUIT"
- "F1 Circuit"
- "Sepang F1 Race Track"
- "Sepang Formula 1 2003 - Grandstand view...!"
- "Yuri and the last day of Johnny Herbert, F1 fever!"
- "The world's hottest race!"
- "Sepang F1 circuit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sepang
- Hotels in Sepang
- Transportation in Sepang
- Nightlife in Sepang
- Shopping in Sepang
- Warnings and Dangers in Sepang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sepang
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Sepang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sepang
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karachi Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 7 reviews
- Tianjin 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Sepang Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Bali Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Muscat Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Kampung Merang Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Penang Intro, 1 review, 1 photo