"Marburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn by jackbrat
Marburg an der Lahn Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 889 photos
Marburg is home to St. Phillips University which participates in a foreign exchange program. My friends moved there for one year to study and I had to take the opportunity to visit. It is a modern city of 50,000 residents but has keep its 13th century roots intact. There is plenty to do and see and the public transportation is inexpensive and reliable. It is less than two hours by train from Frankfurt and is also close to Kassel.
- Pros:A good introduction to German culture since it is an international university town
The Altstadt or old city is a picturesque section of Marburg. The city was founded in the 13th century and Altstadt will... more travel advice
jackbrat's Related Pages
Marburg an der Lahn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Marburg - a very charming very romantic town :)"
- "Marburg - My Home For 11 Years"
- "Medieval Germany and Modern College Town"
- "More Stairs than Venice Has Canals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marburg an der Lahn
- Hotels in Marburg an der Lahn
- Transportation in Marburg an der Lahn
- Nightlife in Marburg an der Lahn
- Restaurants in Marburg an der Lahn
- Shopping in Marburg an der Lahn
- Warnings and Dangers in Marburg an der Lahn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marburg an der Lahn
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Marburg an der Lahn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marburg an der Lahn
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Italy 1 review
No friends yet.