"The Many Worlds of Vienna" Vienna by dcwizard
Vienna Travel Guide: 7,642 reviews and 19,382 photos
Vienna will always hold a special place for me. I spent a summer semester studying here. My main intention was to use Vienna as a launching point for exploring other parts of Central and Eastern Europe. I was able to do this, but in the process, I discovered whole other worlds, opening my eyes to the art of Brueghel and Kokoshka and Attersee, my ears to the music of Mozart and Mahler (my fav composer!), and most of all my mind to the wonders this city has to offer. I never knew that sitting in a café with a good book could be such a joy until I visited Vienna.
I've returned to Vienna many times since, but I have never failed to find something new, something wonderful every time I set foot here. The Danube fails to make a statement here, despite the Blue Danube and Wiener Blut waltzes. (See Budapest for that!) But there are many faces of Vienna to see, ever changing, especially in the art galleries, museums, opera houses, and music halls. It is for these reasons that I still have to put Vienna at the top of my list of favorite cities.
- Pros:Art, music, culture, cafes
- Cons:Expensive, a bit cold
- In a nutshell:Immerse yourself in art and culture
dcwizard's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "WALTZ INTO VIENNA!"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Graz Intro, 19 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Évora Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Samara Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Marvão Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Szentendre Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue