"Wandering this Earth ~ One Place at a Time" wanderingbtrfly's Profile
I am a twentysomething American woman who, at the age of 21, stepped out of my country for the first time: my friends and I went to England, France, Switzerland and Italy in 2004. My life was forever changed - and I mean that quite literally.
Since 2004, I have dreamed of visiting more and more places on the globe. The world outside my own country used to be interesting, but nothing I truly cared about. There were the few places on my list to see (Bahamas and Australia) but other than that, I truly thought America was the one place on the entire Earth everyone wanted to be.
My eyes were opened and I haven't been able to close them since. Not only did I learn how different things can be outside a person's home country, I also realized that most people around the globe simply don't care about America; they love their own culture and, although they have a McDonalds down the street, that doesn't mean that they would ever want to become an American. Frankly, looking back, I'm surprised at how closed I was to the rest of the planet.
Some days I wish I could go back to only having two destinations on my must-see list. Now, I lose count quite frequently. When I'm not losing count, I'm finding even more destinations to add to my forever growing list: from Wyoming to Libya, I want to see it all.
Another place I feel home is Italy. I spent a scant 7 days traveling through the uppper half of this country; it was pulling teeth to get me on that flight home. I felt like I had just arrived in a country, with a people, that I could live with forever, and 7 days later I got on a plane and left. I haven't been back since 2004.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 40 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- wanderingbtrfly and SassyMcPeaches are now friends.
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: Subway - Uptown or Downtown?"
- Commented on Aitana's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walk left, Stand right"
- Uploaded a Video to London
- Wrote a Review Wander around St Paul's in London Off The Beaten Path
- updated a London Travel Page "London, my second home..."
updated their Profile Page "Wandering this Earth ~ One Place at a Time"
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Italy Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Des Moines Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Seattle Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Versailles Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Stonehenge Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos