"Livin' on Tulsa Time" Top 5 Page for this destination Tulsa by caminoreal
Tulsa Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 385 photos
Tulsa is home, so I've got some built-in biases, but I'll try to steer you right.
We don't have the snow-capped Rocky Mountains, nor the Grand Canyon, nor any other breathtaking scenery, but Tulsa is a beautiful city, with lots of stately trees, lots of outstanding architecture, a couple of world-class art museums, and lots of Indian casinos.
Kayakers come here to surf "the wave" -- a standing wave in the Arkansas River south of 31st along Riverside Drive.
Tens of thousands come here for the twice--yearly "World's Largest Gun Show," which really is the world's largest -- 10.5-acres of guns, bullets, knives and related gadgets under one roof.
Thousands more come for major national and international horse shows.
Others come for Pow-Wows hosted by Native American groups.
Tulsa has the largest per-capita population of Native Americans for a city of its size, although there are some smaller towns and villages with more Indians per-capita.
If you want to gamble, you can give your money to the Cherokees or the Creeks, both of whom have big casinos and are building bigger ones, or the Osages who are building their casino here too. And it's just a short drive to casinos in outlying areas operated by still other tribes.
- Pros:It's beautiful and diverse.
One of Tulsa's historic icons is Cains Ballroom, formerly known as Cains Academy. It is in what is now an industrial... more travel advice
The best beefsteak in Tulsa isn't really in Tulsa. It's in Sapulpa, or at least it's on the road to Sapulpa. Freddie's... more travel advice
caminoreal's Related Pages
Tulsa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tulsa - A Treasure Worth Discovering"
- "Livin' On Tulsa Time"
- "Born There but a Visitor Now"
- "Livin' on Tulsa Time"
- "Judi's Hometown"
- "...Bagged a deer at the weekend !!!...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tulsa
- Hotels in Tulsa
- Transportation in Tulsa
- Nightlife in Tulsa
- Restaurants in Tulsa
- Shopping in Tulsa
- Warnings and Dangers in Tulsa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tulsa
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tulsa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tulsa
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulsa Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- San José Costa Rica Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Utah Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venezuela Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Somerset Intro, 1 review, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Mujeres Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Boquete Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- London Intro, 2 reviews