"Roll off your bed into the beach!" Sosúa by hamili

Sosúa Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 318 photos

Prettiest Hotel in the neighborhood

When we went to Playa Sosua, we just happened to book our stay at the Sosua Bay Hotel, Which was actually two hotels run by the same staff. Really pretty and most rooms have views of the water. You go down the huge patio into the beach and you will find yourself in the middle of the beach activity. A lot of stores and beach side bars, hawkers too, and SCUBA outfitters.
This hotel seems to be popular with several time-share companies so when we got there, we (and several others) did not have any room. It's like pulling tiger's teeth to get the manager to talk to you and I got to the point of raising my voice (mind you, I am a VERY patient person). Finally, they found room for us in another hotel for the night and moved us to a really nice suite...more like a one bedroom apartment..the next morning. I did not mind having to spend one night in another hotel! Our room, er...suite was splendid!
And oh, when you stay there, it's mandatory that you buy there all-inclusive meals. Which I thought was a good idea because we didn't have to worry about where to eat, and how much to pay. The only problem is if you do want to eat out, you miss out. But there really is not a lot of better places to eat out there.
I had fun.

• In a nutshell:Beach! Beach! Beach!
  • Last visit to Sosúa: Mar 2003
  • Intro Written Feb 9, 2004

Comments

hamili

“pack up and go...in style”

Badges & Stats in Sosúa