"WELCOME TO MY HOMEPAGE" 16456's Profile

Hello, welcome to my little page. I was introduce with this site from a friend and I think that it is only right that I share my experiences and knowledge about my country and others that I visited them with the rest of the people here.

My name is siamak, I am from Iran,
I grew up in Tehran the Capital (or Teheran, both is correct).

Due to my extreme interest to journey and my job circumstances too, I have traveled to some cities in Iran and other countries.

First of all I must mention that Iran and Iranians are one of the oldest civilization same to Greece, India and?so that start of formal government refer to about 2500 years ago. The name of the first chain of imperial kingdom is HAKHAMANESHY that was created by Cyrus the Great.( who we spell koorush). But sometimes archeologists find something and related them to 3500-4000 years ago.
The picture that you see on top is reminders of their great palaces so called Persepolis (we say Takhte Jamshid) where were destroyed by Alexander about 2200 years ago and ended their kingdom finally.
Persepolis is near to Shiraz that is a big city in center region of Iran now.

The origin of Iranians related to Aryans who were scattered in different parts of the world.

Since I visited some people who did not correct ideas about Iran and Iranians (without political propaganda), I must explain that we are different from Arabs completely.
Our language is Farsi, our custom are different and so on. The major similarity between Arabs and us that I can name here is religious circumstance and alphabet letters.
If you want more explains can write to me.

Many places are interesting for travelers in Iran related to historical monument places and important famous men include scientists like Avicenna's monument in Hamedan, poets like Hafez and Sadi in Shiraz, Ferdousi in Mashad, and important religious places like Mashad and Ghom.
There are many natural beautiful sites in Iran. you can see all 4 seasons in Iran, although in summer you can find cities in south of Iran like Abadan, Dezful and Ahvaz with 50 degree centigrade whereas you can see 10 degree centigrade in cities like Ardebil in north-west.
There are many lakes, mountains and deserts in Iran that you can enjoy visiting them.

• Intro Updated Aug 6, 2004

Personal Pages (1)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
16456's Profile Photo

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.