Sharm El Sheikh Tourist Trap Tips by beccyandjohn Top 5 Page for this destination
Sharm El Sheikh Tourist Traps: 61 reviews and 27 photos
Make sure to check the price of drinks and even barter with them if it sounds expensive before you go in.
One night we had a drink in one of the outside smoking/drinking areas to be charge approx 30 EGP for a bottle of Stella. The next night when we walked past they asked if we would go in for a drink and so we said it was too expensive, he said that stella was 25 EGP. I think they just make it up, anyway we didnt go back. Not when it was 3 for 2 further down the road at Fawnes (3 bottles for 30 EGP)
Unique Suggestions: Make sure to ask how much the drinks are if your not sure.
this is a road with 30 shops on and you start at the bottom and try and get to top without geting draged in a shop, we walkt on the other side of the road and they still shout you
Unique Suggestions: a firm no thanks is ok , dont promise to go back and dont seem to intrested in anything,
Fun Alternatives: tell them you alredy have one ,he he he
As we found out in Kenya dont tell them you will look later because they will never foget you and make them no promises. The local shop traders are very friendly always telling my husband what a lucky man he is and complementing us both.
They do this to everyone to get you into there shops they will tell you they want to give you a small gift, some people can be rude to them, but they are only trying to make a living.
But if you genuinely want something they will go out of there way to get it for you.
Unique Suggestions: Be polite and tell them that you really are not intrested, or as we did, tell them you have already purchased one.
More Reviews (73)
- See All Good Friendly Company
- See All 2006 - Beer Shop - Make over
- See All 2006 - Mexicana Pool amd Gardens
- See All 2006 - Excellent Restaurant
- See All Mosquito Repellent
- Pestering Shop Keepers
- See All Tiran Islands (2006)
- See All dont touch
- See All some of my under water pics
- See All Sharm Taxis
- See All PADI - Open Water Course
Been to Sharm El Sheikh?Share your travels with the world!
beccyandjohn's Related Pages
Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharm is the place to go,(updated from apr 2006 )"
- "~ Sharm El Sheikh ~ The Charm Of Sharm ~"
- "Its Egypt, kind of."
- "Sharm - one of the best places to be"
- "Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh"
- "Sharm Charm"
- "Bedouin Dinner"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
- Transportation in Sharm El Sheikh
- Nightlife in Sharm El Sheikh
- Restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh
- Shopping in Sharm El Sheikh
- Warnings and Dangers in Sharm El Sheikh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh
- 76 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sharm El Sheikh
- Posted in Travel Goa Forum "whats goa/calangute like at..."
- Commented on one of beccyandjohn's Sharm El Sheikh travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "2006 - Beer Shop - Make over"
- Wrote a Review Good Friendly Company in Sharm El Sheikh Nightlife
- updated a Sharm El Sheikh Travel Page "Sharm is the place to go,(updated from apr 2006 )"
Photos in Sharm El SheikhSee All Photos (123)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 76 reviews, 124 photos
- Kenya Intro, 43 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 23 reviews, 42 photos
- Phuket Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos
- Maldives Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
No friends yet.
- Naama Bay- 25 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Snorkeling- 31 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Excursions- 43 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Ras Mohammed National Park- 33 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Quad Biking- 25 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Beaches- 16 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Scuba Diving- 36 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Old Town Sharm- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- St. Catherine's Monastery- 17 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Sharks Bay- 6 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do