"Sonora, California" Sonora by Avenge
Sonora Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 95 photos
Sonora is a quaint little town with a tiny population (only about 5,000). It is located in the Mother Lode region of California historically known for the part it played in the 19th century Gold Rush.
Today, Sonora is a relaxing rural town with great natural beauty and adventure sports close at hand.
Yosemite National Park is a close drive. Dodge Ridge Ski Resort is about 45 minutes into the mountaints. Two major lakes (Melones & Don Pedro) are available for wakeboarding or skiing if you know a local with a boat. And the nearby mountains of Sonora Pass are filled with a variety of activites like Hiking, Backpacking, camping, etc.
- Pros:Lots of outdoor activites
- Cons:If you're not into outdoor activites, BORING! Little nightlife.
45 minutes from downtown Sonora is the local ski resort Dodge Ridge. There are few advanced runs (except chairs 7&8),... more travel advice
Avenge's Related Pages
Sonora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queen of the Southern Mines"
- "Sonora Pass Hwy"
- "Sonora: Queen of the Southern Mines"
- "Sonora, California"
- "Bregman's Sonora Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sonora
- Hotels in Sonora
- Restaurants in Sonora
- Warnings and Dangers in Sonora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sonora
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Sonora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sonora
Top 10 Pages
- Phnom Penh 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Battambang Intro, 4 reviews
- Kampong Saom Intro, 3 reviews
- Sonora Intro, 3 reviews
- State of Yap Intro, 3 reviews
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 2 reviews
- Sudan Intro, 2 photos
- Lima Intro, 2 reviews
- Port-au-Prince Intro, 2 reviews
- Provincia do Huambo Intro, 2 reviews
No friends yet.