"Amantani Island, Peru" Isla Amantani by Avenge
Isla Amantani Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 61 photos
When visiting Lake Titicaca, a stop by this island is a nice little sidetrip. I left from Puno, stopped at the floating islands, then continued on to Amantani where I spent the night.
A rousing round of drinking and dancing to local music ensued when darkness fell. Accomodations were arranged by the local tour group I went with. We stayed with families in the villages. Don't expect much, but you should be comfortable if not cozy (the door only came to my waist). Watch out for the toilets, if you are lucky enough to get one.
Despite these issues, it's a good stop and you'll get a great view of the sunrise or sunset coming over the lake. Of course, it takes a jaunt up to the top of the island, which can be breathtaking because of the altitude. Enjoy a night here, but more than that and there won't be much else to do.
- Pros:Good stop for one night.
- Cons:Accomodations, bathroom situation
- In a nutshell:Worth the visit.
Avenge's Related Pages
Isla Amantani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Real isolation"
- "Isla Amantani"
- "Amantani Island"
- "Amantani Island, Peru"
- "Home stay on Isla Amantani"
- "ISLA AMANTANI"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Amantani
- Hotels in Isla Amantani
- Transportation in Isla Amantani
- Nightlife in Isla Amantani
- Restaurants in Isla Amantani
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Amantani
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Isla Amantani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Amantani
Top 10 Pages
- Phnom Penh 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Battambang Intro, 4 reviews
- Kampong Saom Intro, 3 reviews
- Sonora Intro, 3 reviews
- State of Yap Intro, 3 reviews
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 2 reviews
- Sudan Intro, 2 photos
- Lima Intro, 2 reviews
- Port-au-Prince Intro, 2 reviews
- Yambio Intro, 2 reviews
No friends yet.