"Prague - amazing mixture of sublime and magic" Diancik's Profile
It seems that Prague doesn't know what bad weather is ;) It is simply sublime when it's sunny or it rains, when clouds cover the sky or when the wind is blowing the smell of beauty in your face!
I love it with every bit of my soul and body!
The Prague Castle (Czech: Pražský hrad) is the castle in Prague where the Czech kings, Holy Roman Emperors and presidents of the Czech Republic (and Czechoslovakia) have had their offices. The crown jewels of the Bohemian Kingdom are kept here. Prague Castle is one of the biggest castles in the world (according to Guinness Book of Records the biggest ancient castle ) at about 570 meters in length and an average of about 130 meters wide.
The present day Gothic Cathedral was founded on 21st of November, 1344, when the Prague bishopric was raised to an archbishopric. Its patrons were the chapter of cathedral (led by a Dean), the Archbishop Arnost of Pardubice, and, above all, Charles IV, King of Bohemia and a soon-to-be Holy Roman Emperor, who intended the new cathedral to be a coronation church, family crypt, treasury for the most precious relics of the kingdom, and the last resting place cum pilgirimage site of patron saint Wenceslaus
Vyšehrad is a castle located in the Czech Republic, built in the 10th century, on a hill over the Vltava River. Situated within the castle is the Cathedral of Saint Paul and Peter, as well as the Vyšehrad cemetery, containing the remains of many famous people from Czech history.
Vyšehrad and the area around it became part of the capital city, Prague, in 1883. The area is one of the cadastral districts of the city.
National museum (Czech: Národní muzeum) is a Czech museum institution intended to systematically establish, prepare and publicly exhibit natural scientific and historical collections. It was founded 1818 in Prague by Kašpar Maria Šternberk. Historian František Palacký was also strongly involved.
At present the National Museum shelters almost 14 million of items from the area of natural history, history, arts, music and librarianship, located in tens of buildings.
The Orloj is composed of three main components: the astronomical dial, representing the position of the Sun and Moon in the sky and displaying various astronomical details; "The Walk of the Apostles", a clockwork hourly show of figures of the Apostles and other moving sculptures; and a calendar dial with medallions representing the months.
Located between Wenceslas Square and the Charles Bridge, Prague's Old Town Square is often bursting at the seams with tourists in the summer. Featuring various architectural styles including the gothic Týn Cathedral and baroque St. Nicholas' Church, the square is an oasis for travelers wearied by Prague's narrow streets. Among many churches, tourists may find the Astronomical Clock on this square, while the tower at the Old Town Hall offers a panoramic view of Old Town.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Corpus Christi
- Yosemite National Park Hotels
- Potato Creek State Park Hotels
- Baguio City
- State of Orissa Hotels
- Haiti Hotels
- Antelope Island
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- Half Moon Bay
- Netherlands Antilles
- `Atlit Hotels
- Mambakkam Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 7 Reviews
- 129 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on magino88's profile page
- Diancik and y2ketan2007 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Ischia's Best Residence on the Sea in Ischia Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ischia's Best Residence on the Sea"
- created a Ischia Travel Page "Forio, Ischia - the little piece of Heaven"
updated their Personal Page "Vienna"
- Posted in Travel Bucharest Forum "Re: Piata Victoriei"
Top 10 Pages
- Chisinau Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ischia Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Boston Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Brasov Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlovy Vary Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Albufeira Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mamaia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Sinaia Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos