Gold Coast Nightlife Tips by goldcoaster Top 5 Page for this destination
Gold Coast Nightlife: 34 reviews and 30 photos
In the last council elections here, in an attempt to make the old people feel safe about all the nightclubs in town, the local council tried to make clubs shut 2 hours earlier. What has basically happened is that we now have a 3am lock out.
While the clubs still close at 5am, you have to be inside by 3am or you get locked out. For many who don't even go out until midnight it is a bit of a pain. So make sure you do your rounds early and find out which club you like the best then head back to it before 3am!
Oddly, they still allowed the casino which is frequented by rich old farts to stay open 24/7. I love a democratic society.
Address: Surfers Paradise
Orchid Avenue in Surfers Paradise offers a vast range of nightclubs. Just a block from the beach, it really comes alive at night, especially on the weekends with trippers come down from Brisbane.
The clubs are open till 5am so you really can dance till you drop. My picks are Shooters for a start then move across the road to the three level Drink Nightclub. If you continue north up the street there are about 15 others to choose from.
It is important to keep an eye on your drinks as there have been rare incidents of drink spiking but better to be safe than sorry.
Dress Code: Smart casual is the way to go. Nothing too casual, thongs (a type of rubber shoe not underwear) or singlets, but jeans, sneakers and collar shirts are best for men while the ladies can get away with anything.
Directions: Orchid Avenue, Surfers Paradise.
More Reviews (23)
- See All Yum Cha and Sushi at the same time!
- See All Good Golfing Hotel
- See All Bushwalking Binna Burra
- Beware Schoolies time.
- See All Sea World id the best theme park.
- See All Golf Mecca
goldcoaster's Related Pages
Gold Coast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!"
- "Gold Coast"
- "Gold Coast - My Home"
- "Australia’s GOLD COAST"
- "Home Town"
- "Hi from Sunny Gold Coast"
- "Anything goes land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gold Coast
- Hotels in Gold Coast
- Transportation in Gold Coast
- Nightlife in Gold Coast
- Restaurants in Gold Coast
- Shopping in Gold Coast
- Warnings and Dangers in Gold Coast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gold Coast
- 25 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 63 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Gold Coast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gold Coast
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 25 reviews, 14 photos
- Fiji Intro, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nha Trang Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hue Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Ha Long Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- United States of America Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Warner Bros. Movie World- 35 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Beaches.- 37 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Hinterland / National Parks.- 31 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Bird / Animal Parks.- 22 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Sea World- 32 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Markets / Shopping Centres- 15 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Surfers Paradise.- 20 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Dream World- 28 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Wet 'n' Wild Water World- 8 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Boat Cruises.- 6 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Gold Coast Things to Do