"'First Friendly Town in Texas'" Top 5 Page for this destination Waskom by saraheg77
Waskom Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 18 photos
Waskom is a classic example of small town life in East Texas. I happened to quite enjoy small town life. Sure, everyone knows your business, but usually that just lets you know everyone cares about you. ;)
Waskom is located just inside the east border of Texas on Interstate 20. The Texas Tourist Bureau is actually located in Waskom.
At one time, we had the most gas stations per square foot, but several have closed now. We also were known for having record sales of Texas lottery tickets (due to all the Louisiana folks coming over and trying to cash in on some Texas money).
All in all, Waskom is a nice little town to live. =) Here is the house where we moved when I was 5 years old... and my parents still live here.
- Cons:Speeding Tickets on the Interstate
- In a nutshell:Classic Small Town Texas
This is a new restaurant in town... it's bigger than most of David Beard's places. There's a nice gift shop when you... more travel advice
saraheg77's Related Pages
Waskom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'First Friendly Town in Texas'"
- "Our New Home!"
- "My wife's hometown"
- "Waskom - Gateway to Texas"
- "Welcome to Waskom"
- "Basaic Waskom Page"
- "Where we call Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waskom
- Hotels in Waskom
- Transportation in Waskom
- Nightlife in Waskom
- Restaurants in Waskom
- Warnings and Dangers in Waskom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waskom
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Waskom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waskom
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Douglas Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beechworth Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Strahan Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Muhafazat Aswan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues