Isna Favorite Tips by saraheg77 Top 5 Page for this destination
Isna Favorites: 6 reviews and 9 photos
Favorite thing: I enjoyed just taking a walk through the town of Esna (Isna). This little town was a nice break from the crowded bigger cities. Of course the carriage drivers still try to get you to take a ride, but it was pretty easy to walk around town with little hassle and just be able to see what life was like in the city. As you can see in the photo, there is typical Egyptian housing that mostly looks unfinished and not too beautiful. However we did see some pretty apartment buildings farther down the street and some pretty churches. Plus, I usually just find beauty in life, not necessarily a well constructed building.
Favorite thing: Getting through the Esna Lock seemed to be quite a process, and our cruise ship was even first in line! We were heading north from Aswan to Luxor. I went to the top deck of our cruise ship to watch the process. First we had to wait for them to open the gate to enter the lock. Then we went to the side where we had to wait in a holding area that could hold two ships (shown in the picture). In this area, they had to equalize the water on the two sides of the lock. Then they opened the little doors and let us through! I assume they go through this process only once a day for all the ships.
Fondest memory: It was windy on the top deck! Don't let your hat blow away in to the Nile! =)
More Reviews (4)
saraheg77's Related Pages
Isna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Luxor to Aswan via Isna"
- "Isna or Esna Int It"
- "Isna - Halfway point between Luxor and Aswan"
- "Esna - A Nice Stop between Aswan & Luxor"
- "Isna / Esna and the Chnum temple"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isna
- Transportation in Isna
- Restaurants in Isna
- Shopping in Isna
- Warnings and Dangers in Isna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isna
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Isna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isna
- Posted in Travel Milan Forum "Re: 10 hrs in Milan......"
- Commented on one of Myndo's Isna travel pages
- updated a Isna Travel Page "Esna - A Nice Stop between Aswan & Luxor"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Esna - A Nice Stop between Aswan & Luxor"
- Wrote a Review Don't run across the opening bridge!! in Isna Warnings and Dangers
Photos in IsnaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Douglas Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beechworth Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strahan Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Muhafazat Aswan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues