"Esna - A Nice Stop between Aswan & Luxor" Top 5 Page for this destination Isna by saraheg77

Isna Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 238 photos

Kids in Town

Here were some kids I saw as I wandered around town. They were having a little snack and playing.

Esna from the Cruise Ship

Here is a photo I took from the top of our cruise ship looking out in to the city of Esna. Notice all the carriage drivers waiting for cruise ship people to come take a ride. You can see some buildings in the background and like much of the city, they don't look finished, do they? The housing wasn't too pretty, but there were several pretty churches in the city.

Another Scene of Esna

Here was one of the nicer looking buildings in Esna. I assume it was some sort of church, but I didn't go back to check out what it was.

• Pros:Not toooo busy!
  • Cons:Hot, of course...
  • Last visit to Isna: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 6, 2004

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM

It must have been fascinating to travel through the locks--and how nice that you found ice cream...certainly a "must" on hot day! Is Isna in a building boom or a bit slow on completing their projects..you mentioned noticing the unfinished structures?

• honurox's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2006 at 1:26 AM

it seem like allot of place have not "mastered" good desserts, the need to add that extra bit of chocolate, or half kilo of sugar.

• Buckz's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2005 at 6:37 AM

I was going to write that I'd never heard of Esna, until I saw the lock picture- then I remembered getting up early to see the boat going through the lock, then wondering why we had bothered! The town looks nice though, pity we didn't get off...

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2005 at 10:05 AM

So who tried to run across the opening bridge?

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2004 at 1:32 PM

Nice Isna tips! That lock is really a needle eye for ships and people as well, but they are building a 2nd one now. Did you really try the ice cream? Very courageous!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2004 at 8:36 AM

Never heard of the place. Nice pics and sage advice.

• travelife's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2004 at 7:33 AM

beautiful and informative!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 6:33 AM

Lovely Page, Esna was the first lock I had been through! Great to had a breeze to help with the heat. Well Done !(~_~)

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2004 at 6:10 AM

Very beautiful photos abd detail tips.

• Jun 7, 2004 at 9:28 AM

I see you had a wonderful holiday in Egypt!! Good for you ;-) How's life after the vacation....... (hehehe)

saraheg77

“I want to see the whole world!!”

Badges & Stats in Isna