"The Pyramids were fabulous, of course!" Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza by saraheg77

Pyramids of Giza Travel Guide: 440 reviews and 1,433 photos

Headed to the Pyramid!

A fellow traveler on my tour was nice enough to get the rear view of my camel ride down to the smallest of the three pyramids. That's me with the ponytail and my fiance, Mark with me. About 5 camels were attached in our little caravan. The ride wasn't too bad... you just have to relax and let your body go with the flow of the camel. Lean back when you're going downhill and listen to the instructions of the camel driver as you get on and off the camel. Our ride was about 15 or 20 minutes and that was a good time... don't think I'd want to take more than an hour ride! =) Oh, and we paid $5 per person. So, don't let them charge you much more than that!

Another picture of our camel ride!

Here's a picture of some of our fellow travelers on their camel ride to Menkaure's Pyramid (the smallest of the 3 great pyramids).

Here's Mark in front of the Sphinx

A picture of Mark, the Sphinx, & Khafre's pyramid. This was after I threw up inside the mummification temple next to the Sphinx and had to leave the rest of the group. Yikes!! But I still had to get a photo or two before I went to sit down and recover =)

• Pros:Hello, they're the PYRAMIDS!!!
  • Cons:Hot, of course....
  • In a nutshell:Wonderful... a must-see sometime in your life!
  • Last visit to Pyramids of Giza: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 28, 2008

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Your moto sounds like me " I want to see the whole world!" Its so addicting , travel . Isn't it . Great pages on Egypt.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Great Egypt pages - I'll be taking notes as I prepare for a 40th birthday trip in 2011!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2008 at 6:28 AM

Riding on the back of a camel to see the pyramids sounds so exotic--and so Egyptian!! Glad you could immerse yourself in the culture....and that perfume shops sounds wonderful!

• Balam's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Great Pages, Good tips and pics. Thanks for sharing.

• visserm's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2008 at 1:36 PM

Lovely page

• Jan 24, 2007 at 7:56 PM

Im Andrea. My father owns Rahoma Grill 55, im 26, i live in the states and ive never met him. Please contact me if you know the address of the place or anything i would appreciate it. Onlysosa@yahoo

• Mar 31, 2006 at 9:41 PM

A great tip on the felafel take-away. Thank you! Greetings.

• cassiejoy42's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2005 at 2:42 PM

Sarah your tips are great, useful and knowedgeable - love the pyramids and the camel tips Cassie

• dmirebella's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2005 at 12:43 AM

Am hoping to goto Egypt someday.... :) ..when is a diff story altogether tho..!

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2005 at 3:45 AM

The pyramids look fantastic! One day............... But I have been on a camel, it was a ride down the main street of my town. Does that count? : )

saraheg77

“I want to see the whole world!!”

Badges & Stats in Pyramids of Giza

Have you been to Pyramids of Giza?