"The Pyramids were fabulous, of course!" Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza by saraheg77
Pyramids of Giza Travel Guide: 440 reviews and 1,433 photos
A fellow traveler on my tour was nice enough to get the rear view of my camel ride down to the smallest of the three pyramids. That's me with the ponytail and my fiance, Mark with me. About 5 camels were attached in our little caravan. The ride wasn't too bad... you just have to relax and let your body go with the flow of the camel. Lean back when you're going downhill and listen to the instructions of the camel driver as you get on and off the camel. Our ride was about 15 or 20 minutes and that was a good time... don't think I'd want to take more than an hour ride! =) Oh, and we paid $5 per person. So, don't let them charge you much more than that!
Here's a picture of some of our fellow travelers on their camel ride to Menkaure's Pyramid (the smallest of the 3 great pyramids).
A picture of Mark, the Sphinx, & Khafre's pyramid. This was after I threw up inside the mummification temple next to the Sphinx and had to leave the rest of the group. Yikes!! But I still had to get a photo or two before I went to sit down and recover =)
- Pros:Hello, they're the PYRAMIDS!!!
- Cons:Hot, of course....
- In a nutshell:Wonderful... a must-see sometime in your life!
If you take a camel ride with your fellow travelers, be sure to take lots of pictures of them, too, and get them to take... more travel advice
The commentary might not impress you, but the dazzling light show and awe-inspiring backdrop of the Sphinx and Pyramids... more travel advice
- See All Good food on the way to the Pyramids!
- Camel Rides - Be careful!
- Take a Camel to Menkaure's Pyramid
saraheg77's Related Pages
Pyramids of Giza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Giza and its Pyramids"
- "My Giza Page"
- "Trip to Ancient History... Delivered."
- "G I Z A"
- "The Pyramids were fabulous, of course!"
- "Pyramids of Gezah"
- "The Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pyramids of Giza
- Hotels in Pyramids of Giza
- Transportation in Pyramids of Giza
- Nightlife in Pyramids of Giza
- Restaurants in Pyramids of Giza
- Shopping in Pyramids of Giza
- Warnings and Dangers in Pyramids of Giza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pyramids of Giza
- 11 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Pyramids of Giza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pyramids of Giza
- Posted in Travel Milan Forum "Re: 10 hrs in Milan......"
- updated a Pyramids of Giza Travel Page "The Pyramids were fabulous, of course!"
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Pyramids of Giza travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "More Pictures around the Pyramids"
- Wrote a Review On the Camel Ride, Take Pictures for your Friends! in Pyramids of Giza Favorites
Photos in Pyramids of GizaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Douglas Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beechworth Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Strahan Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Muhafazat Aswan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues