Moorea Restaurant Tips by saraheg77
Moorea Restaurants: 41 reviews and 54 photos
Me at Te Honu Iti
This restaurant had a nice atmosphere with its deck out on the water where they would feed manta rays that would swim by. We had a table right on the edge where we had a view of the manta rays. They had a set feeding time, but we could also feed them crumbs from our bread to lure them to us.
However, we thought the value here wasn't as good as some other places because it was more expensive, but about the same quality food as Le Mahogany or La Plantation (and I didn't like my meal as much as either of those, but I don't think I made the best choice - it was shrimp & seafood in a sauce).
Favorite Dish: I had shrimp & seafood in a tasty sauce which was definitely good compared to usual eating standards, but not the best I had in Moorea!
Address: The Main Road
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: 5 mins from Club Bali Hai - Just call for free pickup!
Phone: 56 19 84
Price: US$41 and up
Mark and I thought this was the best food we ate while on Moorea! The service was good for us, but we heard it could get pretty slow when it got busier, so if you go, try to get there early!
It is closed on Wednesday and opened every other day from 11am - 2:30pm and 6pm-9:30pm.
Main dinner courses are anywhere from about $15-$35.
Mastercard and Visa are accepted.
Favorite Dish: I had a very yummy puff pastry with shrimp & scallops and a tasty creamy sauce and Mark had a shrimp dish in curry sauce that was SOOO good!
They also have a nice selection of Chinese food on the menu, but we didn't try it. We heard it was great, too, though!
Address: Maharepa, Cook's Bay
Comparison: about average
Directions: On the main road - Just call the number for free pickup!
Phone: 56 39 73
Me in La Plantation
Mark and I really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was very good, but they really stood out as having great, friendly service. The waitress chatted with us and the hostess was bringing around flower leis for us to put on and she took a picture for us.
There was bread brought out as an appetizer and the food came out pretty quickly (although it wasn't busy when we were there). We had a nice seat outside, but on a deck. There was lots of nice seating both inside and outside the restaurant with all the windows opened.
If you only had one night to choose a place to eat in town, I would recommend this restaurant!
Favorite Dish: I had a fun dish that had king fish and sword fish braided together with a yummy, creamy sauce. It was very tasty! We also had a nice dessert that was called something like Three Chocolates.
Address: Call the number for free pickup!
Comparison: about average
Directions: On the main road around the island
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 56 45 10
saraheg77's Related Pages
Moorea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Moorea, Tahiti's beautiful smaller sister"
- "Moorea ... The Perfect South Sea Island"
- "Moorea: My favorite Tahitian Island"
- "Moorea - Tahisian island paradise!!!"
- "Tahiti's Beautiful Neighbor"
- "Week # 1 of an Amazing Honeymoon - Moorea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moorea
- Hotels in Moorea
- Transportation in Moorea
- Nightlife in Moorea
- Restaurants in Moorea
- Shopping in Moorea
- Warnings and Dangers in Moorea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moorea
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Moorea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moorea
- Posted in Travel Milan Forum "Re: 10 hrs in Milan......"
- updated a Moorea Travelogue "Sheraton Moorea! Wowwie!"
- Wrote a Review Circle Island Tour - Fabulous! about Water activity in Moorea Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Circle Island Tour - Fabulous!"
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Moorea travel pages
Photos in MooreaSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Douglas Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beechworth Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Strahan Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Muhafazat Aswan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues