Moorea Restaurant Tips by saraheg77

Moorea Restaurants: 41 reviews and 54 photos

Me at Te Honu Iti - Moorea

Me at Te Honu Iti

Te Honu Iti AKA Chez Roger: A Little Too Expensive, but Good Food

This restaurant had a nice atmosphere with its deck out on the water where they would feed manta rays that would swim by. We had a table right on the edge where we had a view of the manta rays. They had a set feeding time, but we could also feed them crumbs from our bread to lure them to us.

However, we thought the value here wasn't as good as some other places because it was more expensive, but about the same quality food as Le Mahogany or La Plantation (and I didn't like my meal as much as either of those, but I don't think I made the best choice - it was shrimp & seafood in a sauce).

Favorite Dish: I had shrimp & seafood in a tasty sauce which was definitely good compared to usual eating standards, but not the best I had in Moorea!

Address: The Main Road

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: 5 mins from Club Bali Hai - Just call for free pickup!

Phone: 56 19 84

Price: US$41 and up

Rating: 3

Website: http://www.clubbalihai.com/te_honu_iti_in_moorea.html

The Sign! - Moorea

The Sign!

Le Mahogany: Wow - Excellent Cuisine!

Mark and I thought this was the best food we ate while on Moorea! The service was good for us, but we heard it could get pretty slow when it got busier, so if you go, try to get there early!

It is closed on Wednesday and opened every other day from 11am - 2:30pm and 6pm-9:30pm.

Main dinner courses are anywhere from about $15-$35.

Mastercard and Visa are accepted.

Favorite Dish: I had a very yummy puff pastry with shrimp & scallops and a tasty creamy sauce and Mark had a shrimp dish in curry sauce that was SOOO good!

They also have a nice selection of Chinese food on the menu, but we didn't try it. We heard it was great, too, though!

Address: Maharepa, Cook's Bay

Comparison: about average

Directions: On the main road - Just call the number for free pickup!

Phone: 56 39 73

Price: US$31-40

Rating: 5

Website: http://www.clubbalihai.com/mahogany_in_tahiti.html

Me in La Plantation - Moorea

Me in La Plantation

La Plantation: Friendly People and Yummy Food!

Mark and I really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was very good, but they really stood out as having great, friendly service. The waitress chatted with us and the hostess was bringing around flower leis for us to put on and she took a picture for us.

There was bread brought out as an appetizer and the food came out pretty quickly (although it wasn't busy when we were there). We had a nice seat outside, but on a deck. There was lots of nice seating both inside and outside the restaurant with all the windows opened.

If you only had one night to choose a place to eat in town, I would recommend this restaurant!

Favorite Dish: I had a fun dish that had king fish and sword fish braided together with a yummy, creamy sauce. It was very tasty! We also had a nice dessert that was called something like Three Chocolates.

Address: Call the number for free pickup!

Comparison: about average

Directions: On the main road around the island

Other Contact: laplantation2003@yahoo.fr

Phone: 56 45 10

Price: US$31-40

Rating: 5

Website: http://www.laplantation.com

saraheg77

“I want to see the whole world!!”

Badges & Stats in Moorea