Beechworth Things to Do Tips by saraheg77 Top 5 Page for this destination
Beechworth Things to Do: 31 reviews and 76 photos
The Brewery is open for free tastings from 10am-4pm. While you're there, you can also check out the Lighthorse and Carriage museum for $1 per person. There were some interesting old carriages and a variety of things used in the old brewery downstairs.
Upstairs you can have a taste of their cordials - they have a wide variety including Chilli, Lemon Ginger, Lemon Lime & Bitters, Spiced Apple, Brewed Ginger, Peppermint, Sarsaparilla, Mint Julep, Lime Juice, Raspberry Vinegar &
Portello. I really liked the raspberry vinegar.
There is also a large variety of jams and spicy sauces and things in the shop. I got a jar of Raspberry & red currant that is tasty.
The breweries and museum is a nice stop if you have extra time, but if you are pressed for time, I would skip this and focus on the historic buildings in town.
Address: 29 Last Street
Directions: Go northeast from the town centre on Ford St. - left on Williams St. and right on Last St. - Easy walk from town.
Phone: 03 5728 1304
Sarah & Ned in front of Burke Museum
If you want to tour the Historic Precinct in Beechworth, start at the Visit or Information Centre. There you can decide on which tour you would enjoy. The visitor centre is open every day from 9am-5pm except Christmas.
There were two walking tours we looked at - the Ned Kelly site tour left daily at 10:30 and lasted 90 mins for $7.50. A Gold Rush history tour left at noon daily and lasted for an hour for $7.50. The lady at the tourist centre said these included an interesting history walk to different buildings in the city, but did not include entry in to any buildings.
There was a different 'Full Precinct' tour that included entry in to 4 buildings for $10. We decided on this and walked by ourselves at our own pace through the courthouse, Telegraph station, Chinese Heritage Centre & Burke Museum. The Courthouse was very interesting and included history of Ned Kelly's trial and his mother's, as well as some other interesting characters in the history of the courthouse. The Burke Museum also housed some interesting items and a display of a city street how it would have looked back in the gold rush days. The Chinese Heritage centre was pretty small and didn't house a lot of items. The telegraph station didn't have a ton of information, but you could send a telegraph within Australia for a donation of $2. There was also a Forestry Heritage Museum with free entry.
We enjoyed our tour of the historic precinct of Beechworth, despite the surprise cold & rainy weather!
Address: Town Hall, Ford St
Directions: On Ford St just east of the town centre
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 1300 366 321
saraheg77's Related Pages
Beechworth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beechworth - another "B" of a town"
- "Beechworth & Surrounds"
- "Lovely Little Beechworth"
- "Bicycling Touring Australia - Victoria"
- "BEECHWORTH..A BEAUTIFUL VICTORIAN TOWN.."
- "Beechworth VIC Australia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beechworth
- Hotels in Beechworth
- Restaurants in Beechworth
- Warnings and Dangers in Beechworth
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ko Rang Noi Hotels
- Omoa Hotels
- Germigny-des-Prés Hotels
- Alray Hotels
- Laplje Selo
Badges & Stats in Beechworth
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Beechworth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beechworth
Photos in BeechworthSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Douglas Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beechworth Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Strahan Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Muhafazat Aswan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues