Hepburn Springs Things to Do Tips by saraheg77 Top 5 Page for this destination
Hepburn Springs Things to Do: 30 reviews and 42 photos
Beautiful lavender & the main stone cottage
My favorite stop during our weekend in Hepburn Springs was the Lavandula Lavender farm. It was the end of November and the lavender was gorgeous. I could have spent all day exploring and enjoying the farm. You could run around in the lavender fields that also had some beautiful flowers growing in different colors, have a bite to eat (the famous lavender scones) at the cafe, check out the animals, explore the art gallery, or shop in the large gift shop.
I did buy some lavender products in the shop. A lavender bubble bath for $12.50 that smells great and bubbles well and a hand soap for $9.50 and foot soak for $4.
As I mentioned, the lavender scones were very tasty with just a subtle hint of lavender. See my pictures for a shot of Anne & the scones.
Entry fees: $3 Adult, $1 Students , Under 13 Free , Dogs on leashes are welcome.
Hours: 10.30am - 5.30pm
Daily 1 September - 2 July
Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Check the website below for a full menu, product list, and special event information (the harvest times in January look pretty fun).
It also seems to be a popular and lovely place for a wedding, so check the wedding details on the website if you are in need of a wedding location!
Address: 350 Hepburn-Newstead Road, Shepherds Flat
Directions: Just a few kilometers north from Hepburn Springs.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 3 5476 4393
Main Creek leading to the Blowhole
Gold miners built this tunnel through a quartz reef between the 1850s & 1870s. It was built to divert Sailors Creek so they could scour the creek bed for gold. There is an impressive little waterfall to see when the creek is full.
The Blowhole is a short jaunt from the carpark and there is a plaque with more details of the tunnel. It is easy to get to and a quick stop for a pretty sight.
The Blowhole is part of Hepburn Regional Park,"... which is nestled around the famous mineral springs townships of Daylesford, Hepburn and Hepburn Springs. The Park contains natural mineral springs and significant relics of the gold mining era, all set in delightful bush surroundings. Each season provides a different experience, with spring being a time of activity, growth and colour." You can check the website below for details on the walks and other areas of the park.
Address: Hepburn-Newstead Rd
Directions: Between Hepburn Springs and Shepherds Flat - just look for the sign for the Blowhole and the side road to the west.
More Reviews (4)
saraheg77's Related Pages
Hepburn Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What to do and see in the Hepburn Daylesford Area."
- "Part of the Spa Capital of Australia."
- "The VT meet in Hepburn...."
- "Hepburn Springs - A Glimpse into Anne's Life"
- "Hepburn Springs - My first VT Meet"
- "Hepburn Springs"
- "VT MEET AT HEPBURN SPRINGS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hepburn Springs
- Hotels in Hepburn Springs
- Transportation in Hepburn Springs
- Nightlife in Hepburn Springs
- Restaurants in Hepburn Springs
- Shopping in Hepburn Springs
- Warnings and Dangers in Hepburn Springs
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kansas City Hotels
- Skanör med Falsterbo
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas Hotels
- Byford Hotels
- Bemidji Hotels
Badges & Stats in Hepburn Springs
- 6 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Hepburn Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hepburn Springs
- Posted in Travel Milan Forum "Re: 10 hrs in Milan......"
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Hepburn Springs travel pages
- Wrote a Review Run Down to the Blowhole! in Hepburn Springs Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Run Down to the Blowhole!"
- updated a Hepburn Springs Travel Page "Hepburn Springs - A Glimpse into Anne's Life"
Photos in Hepburn SpringsSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Douglas Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beechworth Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Strahan Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Muhafazat Aswan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (43)
Latest Hepburn Springs hotel reviews
- 65 Main Bed and Breakfast
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013