"Manly - My Home for a Short Time" Top 5 Page for this destination Manly by saraheg77

Manly Travel Guide: 239 reviews and 556 photos

Beautiful Beach in Manly!

After living in Melbourne for over a year, we had the chance to move to Manly, so of course we did! Manly is a beautiful town with sunshine most days. We spent our first 2 weeks in Australia in Manly while Mark went through training for his job and we were so glad to return here to live! We found a place to live right on the East Esplanade that is about a 2 minute walk to the wharf or a 5 minute walk over to the beach side. We got to stay there for about 4 more months before returning to the US. It was a beautiful 4 months!

The Corso - The Place to Be!

The Corso is the name of the main street (just walking, no cars) in Manly that runs diagonally from the Manly Wharf to Manly Beach. It is full of shops and restaurants and almost anything you will need in Manly.

The Corso is currently (Oct 06) undergoing a huge renovation. I can't wait to see what it will look like. I will have to post an 'After' picture to compare to this 'Before'.

• Last visit to Manly: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 25, 2008

• dgemba's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Yes, very small but packed with the cheapest souvenirs of all our NSW trip. I loved the huge canvas totes with Aboriginal designs for only about $3.00US! Great little place!!!

• thegreynomad's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2010 at 3:56 AM

Good page.

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2008 at 3:54 AM

Hi Sarah. First of all, congrats on your little angel :-) I stumbled across your pages, and really enjoyed your tips and photos: all read & rated. Greetings from an ex-Sydney-resident, living in Dubai and in love with Scotland / Jess :-)

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2007 at 3:31 AM

Great pages on Manly. I enjoyed the place when I was there but unfortueately it wasn't long enough. Thanks for sharing...

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2007 at 1:42 PM

Great tips on Manly! During my short time in the Sydney area I didn't get to see much except Coogee Beach! Maybe I'll drop by one of these days and do things properly!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Yep I used to live here Sarah. Thanks for bringing back some nice memories, especially the ice-cream :o) My favourites are bugglegum (green colour) and black Licourice mmmm yummy!! Hugs xx

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2006 at 7:52 PM

It's great seeing Manly from the perspective of somebody who lives there. My sister lived there for a few months in 2002 and she worked at the Steyne!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2006 at 2:57 AM

It has been way too long since I have had a Royal Copenhagen ice cream! Have one for me will you please!

• jennwerner's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2006 at 6:41 AM

Thanks for the pics. That is super cool.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2006 at 4:53 AM

Lovely pics :)

saraheg77 Used To Live Here!

saraheg77

“I want to see the whole world!!”

Badges & Stats in Manly