"A Short Trip to Phillip Island" Phillip Island by saraheg77
Phillip Island Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 227 photos
Phillip Island is an island south of Melbourne that makes a great day trip. We started out a little too late, but if you start out early, you could do a good job of seeing the sights in Phillip Island on a day trip from Melbourne. It was pretty cold in July, so you might not want to plan your trip there in the winter!
If you drive along the main southern road on the island (Back Beach Road), about halfway across the island, you will come to Pyramid Rock Road. It is a small, gravel road, so be aware! If you have the time, be sure and drive down and take the short 2-min walk out to the edge to see pyramid rock up close!
If you continue along the southern main road and pass the Penguin Parade centre, you will get to the southwest tip of the Island, called Point Grant. The small islands just beyond the main land are called The Nobbies... (you can see them in my first picture)... and 2km beyond that are the Seal Rocks where there is a large seal colony. Make you sure drive out, park, and take the nice walk around the edge of the land. The boardwalk takes you around where you can view the blowhole.
- Pros:Short drive from Melbourne
- In a nutshell:Great day trip!
The Penguin Parade is a must-see of Phillip Island. There are several options of how to view the penguins: 1. Penguin... more travel advice
saraheg77's Related Pages
Phillip Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Phillip Island"
- "Don't forget the penguins"
- "PHILLIP ISLAND"
- "A COLD Afternoon on Phillip Island!"
- "One day is Enough"
- "Phillip Island - Interesting Island of Victoria"
- "Phillip Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phillip Island
- Hotels in Phillip Island
- Transportation in Phillip Island
- Nightlife in Phillip Island
- Restaurants in Phillip Island
- Shopping in Phillip Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Phillip Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phillip Island
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Phillip Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phillip Island
- Posted in Travel Milan Forum "Re: 10 hrs in Milan......"
- Wrote a Review Catch a Parade of Little Penguins! in Phillip Island Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Catch a Parade of Little Penguins!"
- updated a Phillip Island Travel Page "A Short Trip to Phillip Island"
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Phillip Island travel pages
Photos in Phillip IslandSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Douglas Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beechworth Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Strahan Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Muhafazat Aswan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues