"More than Just a Jail!" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Arthur by saraheg77
Port Arthur Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 166 photos
Port Arthur is the main town on the a lovely little Tasman peninsula that has a very narrow attachment to the mainland. This must be why it was chosen as a prison site, but it is also a beautiful location. It was interesting that it was the site of a prison - I wonder if the convicts ever enjoyed the view. :) This picture is the ruins of the church there.
This picture is another view of the lovely Port Arthur prison ruins. The round tower is part of the military barracks. This photo was taken from the little boat ride that goes out around the islands that were also used as part of the site.
If you drive past the historic site and turn left to see the Remarkable Cave, there is also a lookout there by the trail to the cave. It gives you a great view of the coastline there in Port Arthur.
After our day at the Port Arthur Historic Site, we were staying at the Comfort Inn right near it - there didn't seem to... more travel advice
Before or after your visit to Port Arthur Historic Site, it is worth it to stop at Remarkable Cave. It is only about... more travel advice
saraheg77's Related Pages
Port Arthur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CONVICT SETTLEMENT"
- "Get a sense of the history"
- "More than Just a Jail!"
- "Port Arthur - Convict's Retreat"
- "Port Arthur Gateway to Freedom"
- "Port Arthur"
- "PORT ARTHUR- BE SURPRISED!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Arthur
- Hotels in Port Arthur
- Transportation in Port Arthur
- Restaurants in Port Arthur
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Arthur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Arthur
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Port Arthur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Arthur
Photos in Port ArthurSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Douglas Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beechworth Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Strahan Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Muhafazat Aswan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues