"Xunantunich! So fun to Pronounce! =)" Top 5 Page for this destination Xunantunich by saraheg77
Xunantunich Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 105 photos
Here's a photo of a temple on the left that is still covered by grass and straight ahead is one of the smaller temples opposite the large temple. It is pronounced like 'zoo-NAN-too-neech'.
This is the largest Mayan Temple at Xunantunich. They were working on it at the time we were there. We climbed to the top and looked out... it was a bit scary cause there was nothing to keep you from falling off... just a big drop :)
Here I am at some random rock that was at Xunantunich. It didn't have a marker to say what it was, but my friend told me to pose with it, so I did!
- Pros:Easily accessibly from the main road!
- In a nutshell:Well worth a visit!
Xunantunich was occupied from about 300-900 A.D. El Castillo is 130 feet tall, the tallest structure at Xunantunich, and... more travel advice
saraheg77's Related Pages
Xunantunich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Xunantunich - Small but Beautiful Mayan Ruins"
- "Mayan Ceremonial Site"
- "Xunantunich! So fun to Pronounce! =)"
- "Maiden of the Rock: Xunantunich"
- "A day in the ruins"
- "Wonderful site!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xunantunich
- Hotels in Xunantunich
- Transportation in Xunantunich
- Restaurants in Xunantunich
- Warnings and Dangers in Xunantunich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xunantunich
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Xunantunich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xunantunich
Photos in XunantunichSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 6 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pyramids of Giza Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Douglas Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beechworth Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Strahan Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Muhafazat Aswan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues