"Xunantunich! So fun to Pronounce! =)" Top 5 Page for this destination Xunantunich by saraheg77

Xunantunich Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 105 photos

One of the smaller structures at Xunantunich

Here's a photo of a temple on the left that is still covered by grass and straight ahead is one of the smaller temples opposite the large temple. It is pronounced like 'zoo-NAN-too-neech'.

Make sure to Climb This!

This is the largest Mayan Temple at Xunantunich. They were working on it at the time we were there. We climbed to the top and looked out... it was a bit scary cause there was nothing to keep you from falling off... just a big drop :)

I was just acting silly!

Here I am at some random rock that was at Xunantunich. It didn't have a marker to say what it was, but my friend told me to pose with it, so I did!

• Pros:Easily accessibly from the main road!
  • In a nutshell:Well worth a visit!
  • Last visit to Xunantunich: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 25, 2004

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2006 at 10:00 PM

Very interesting, yet another place I have to visit.

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2006 at 3:57 AM

What a name!! Looks like a terrific place to visit : )

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2005 at 3:19 AM

These ruins look like they definitely deserve a visit! Despite that beautiful view, it does look much scarier from the top - I remember that feeling while atop Chichen Itza!!

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 4:34 PM

Great page on this out of the way place! I can really relate to your warning tip - thanks to my fear of heights I stayed WAY back from the edge when we were up on the ruins!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2004 at 3:18 PM

Wonderful photos Sarah, You & your friends look as if you have a lovely time in that unpronounceable place. (~_~)

saraheg77

“I want to see the whole world!!”

Badges & Stats in Xunantunich

Have you been to Xunantunich?

Latest Activity in Xunantunich