"Hoylake" Hoylake by SueWarwick
Hoylake Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 61 photos
The town is on the Dee side of the Wirral Peninsula, over looking Wales and is now probably best know for hosting the 2006 Open Golf Championship.
The main street consists of a few shops and restaurants with the odd pub or two. At the end of the road is the towns train station.
It is a short train ride (or for the more energetic a reasonable walk) to West Kirby which is more 'tourist friendly' with more restaurants, shops and a few ice cream stalls.
A few nice costal walks start in and around Hoylake.
Hoylake is also a great place for sand yachting in Britain and is to be the site of the 2007 European Chamionships.
The former actress and Labour MP Glenda Jackson and the James Bond actor Daniel Craig grew up in Hoylake
The members of the band 'The Coral' met in school in Hoylake as did the members of the 80's band OMD
Olympic and World Cycling Champion Chris Boardman is another who attended school in the area
- Pros:Great for golfers!
Trains run from Liverpool to Hoylake via Birkenhead on the Wirral Line every 15 minutes Monday - Saturday during the... more travel advice
SueWarwick's Related Pages
Hoylake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hoylake and the North Wirral Coastal Park"
- "Pleasant town on the Wirral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoylake
- Hotels in Hoylake
- Transportation in Hoylake
- Nightlife in Hoylake
- Restaurants in Hoylake
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hoylake
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hoylake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoylake
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 20 reviews, 24 photos
- Prague Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos
- Bled Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Birkenhead Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
- Riga Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Pescasseroli Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Obcina Bohinj Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Manchester Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos