"The Final Leg of our Cruise" Cancún by ATXtraveler

Cancún Travel Guide: 1,965 reviews and 3,985 photos

Viva Mexico!

On our 5th day of a 7 day cruise, we found ourselves arriving in Cancun. I had been there before and so had Sarah, so we were looking forward to just relaxing and having a great afternoon walking around.

• Last visit to Cancún: Dec 2004
  • Intro Written Dec 11, 2004

• Jan 16, 2008 at 4:14 AM

This is true! As we were driving to the airport, we were stopped by police. The police took my driver's license and told me that if I gave him $100, he would not give me a ticket. If I did not give him the money, he was going to keep my driver's license.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2007 at 11:51 AM

I enjoyed your perspectives on Cancun.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2007 at 5:26 PM

Nice job!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2005 at 6:47 AM

Thank you for visiting my Banff pages Mark. Isn't Cancun awesome. Hans & I spent two weeks there in February and I too loved that biiig Mexican flag. BTW a very late congrats on your wedding.

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2005 at 11:25 PM

great pics and helpful tips; I wonder whether I could manage this XXL size Margarita, but if I ever come to Cancun, I shall try :-))

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 11:53 AM

The Police scam you mention seems to go on in Bali too. If they see a local driving tourists the attitude seems to be, stop'em and share some of that tourist money with us too! Nice page!

• hekate's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 9:36 AM

Hi, Mark! This is one of the places I wouldlove to visit. It was intersting to read your perspective on it :)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2005 at 6:13 PM

You seem to have enjoyed your time here! I was surprised at how much I liked the place, despite expecting 'downtown' North American tourist spot!!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2005 at 7:43 PM

Some really great tips Mark, especially the warning and danger one. Very true indeed!

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Cancún