"Huntsville, Home of Sam Houston" Top 5 Page for this destination Huntsville by ATXtraveler

Huntsville Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 239 photos

Stopping to see the sights

During a recent trip to Houston, I decided to make the short 70 miles north to Huntsville.

During my trip, I realized just how much history there is to see, and how I had passed this location 20 times, and never took the time to stop in.

• Pros:Tons of History
  • Cons:Lots of college kids
  • In a nutshell:Great History.
  • Last visit to Huntsville: Mar 2005
  • Intro Written Mar 5, 2005

• der_geograf's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2005 at 5:32 PM

Thanks for a great page on my hometown! I see you enjoyed your visit. It's funny that now that I'm away from there, I appreciate it more.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2005 at 10:05 AM

An informative, interesting group of pages about Huntsville. I LOL about your warning because it is so often the case. Enjoyed reading your restaurant tip; your description was vivid and I could just see you soaking up the ambience and memories.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 7:37 AM

Didn't know rugby was an "extreme" sport. GRIN! Thanks for acknowledging Sam Houston's Tennessee roots.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 2:44 PM

What was that head doing on the ground? Do they kep a spare handy just in case?!?

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 3:03 AM

You obviously made a longer stop than I did. The 3rd graders were there when I was there too... head removed to;-) Nice to see more of Huntsville.

• jesscamacho's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2005 at 11:18 PM

Looks like you had fun in Huntsville!

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Huntsville

Have you been to Huntsville?

Latest Activity in Huntsville