"Houston: Home to the Rodeo and Oil Business" Top 5 Page for this destination Houston by ATXtraveler

Houston Travel Guide: 1,246 reviews and 2,138 photos

Houston

I have spent alot of time in Houston over the years, but I never did take the time to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city as much as when I started thinking about writing tips for Virtual Tourist. After all, I have been all over Houston!

Hopefully I will be able to add a little at a time, so make sure to come back anytime it says "Updated".

• Last visit to Houston: Mar 2005
  • Intro Written Mar 7, 2005

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2009 at 10:04 AM

We enjoy driving around Texas, but we've never visited downtown Houston-came close though. If we ever drop by, we'll follow your tip on buying gas outside the city. I wonder if Houston's Galleria is comparable to Dallas' Galleria--any thoughts on this?

• Mar 8, 2008 at 5:02 PM

I love skyscrapers! volopolo

• Lapislazuli's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2007 at 4:29 AM

cool pages done with great devotion!! way to go! *cheers*

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 8:34 AM

Made a booking today - Houston and San Antonio in September. Looking forward to it! leyle

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Mark, you have such helpful tips for travelers. The warnings are good, and I, too, was surprised about the high cost of gas in Houston. Excellent hotel tips. Thanks.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 1:03 PM

I take it Houstonians don't drive too well then ;-) If you're complaining about gas prices in the US, you should try coming over to Britain and buying it here! It's way more expensive...

• hekate's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 9:04 AM

Hi Mark, I see you like to make night pictures. Me too :) Nice page. Greets, Nina

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 8:06 AM

Funny that gas would cost more in the Oil City, but I noticed that too. You stay in some awfully pricey digs. I couldn't travel far at that rate. Thank God for Dell. Your restaurant tips make me hungry - so I think I'll go eat now.

• jesscamacho's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 7:32 AM

Looking good Mark. No mention of the rodeo?

• ThePriest's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2005 at 10:24 PM

Thanks Mark. Page is looking good.

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Houston

Have you been to Houston?