"Shreveport: The closest big city to my In-Laws!" Top 5 Page for this destination Shreveport by ATXtraveler
Shreveport Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 228 photos
Shreveport, Louisiana was founded in 1836 as a junction point for the Texas Trail that ran from Mexico to that time the Republic of Texas. It is named after Captain Henry Shreve who was a member of the Army Corps of Engineers, and was charged with clearing the Red River as a trade route.
Prior to Americans arriving there, the area was inhabited by the Caddo Indians, which have alot of rich history.
There are many historical landmarks in Shreveport, in fact it has the second most landmarks in Louisiana, behind New Orleans.
Minor Baseball is in full swing in Shreveport! One of the fun activities that could be classified as sports travel OR... more travel advice
Sarah and I went as a large group to Cool Beans this evening, and enjoyed a build your own burrito experience. We were... more travel advice
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Shreveport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "2 Days in SHREVEPORT"
- "Shreveport: The closest big city to my In-Laws!"
- "AFB, Cemeteries and Oil CIty"
- "Jumping Around Shreveport!"
- "Not just Gambling..."
- "Keeweechic's Shreveport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shreveport
- Hotels in Shreveport
- Transportation in Shreveport
- Nightlife in Shreveport
- Restaurants in Shreveport
- Shopping in Shreveport
- Warnings and Dangers in Shreveport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shreveport
- 13 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Shreveport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shreveport
- Posted in Travel Dallas Forum "Re: Best area to stay"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watch PostSeason College Football!"
- Commented on one of saraheg77's Shreveport travel pages
- Wrote a Review Support the S'ports! in Shreveport Sports & Outdoors
- created a Shreveport Travel Page "Shreveport: The closest big city to my In-Laws!"
Photos in ShreveportSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos