New Orleans Hotel Tips by ATXtraveler Top 5 Page for this destination
New Orleans Hotels: 65,862 reviews and 396 photos
On the site of an older mansion, the Starwood Hotel chain created a wonderful little hotel, the W French Quarter. The W chain is known for its opulence, and this stay was definitely on par for most of my previous W visits.
My experience started with a wonderful start as the bell boy team at this hotel is stellar. Very engaging and helpful, the team loaded up the cart full of luggage and baby supplies. There is only the option of valet parking if you want to store your car on property, and that will set you back $34 USD a night. The check in process was fairly efficient, and the staff worked very well to ensure that we had a sizable room for our baby's bed to be set up. The room itself was wonderful, although Sarah did complain that there was not a bathtub. The courtyard has a nice lounge area and the restaurant is Bacco, which is a nice Italian restaurant.
The main thing that I liked about this particular site is that it is literally in the middle of the French Quarter, which was very convenient for the enjoyment of the area.
Address: 316 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130
Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (504) 581-1200
Price: US$180 and up
Dave on the floor in Metairie
To avoid the crowds, and get a decent night sleep during Mardi Gras, and because we booked rather late, we ended up staying in Metairie, which is just west of New Orleans.
The room was great, and we had 5 people cram in there with no problem.
The hospitality was fine, and they even called cabs for us each evening that took us downtown. The cab ride was about $20 bucks there and $20 bucks back, so realistically plan on spending $40 dollars less on hotel rooms in Metairie or it would not be worth it.
Address: 2 Galleria Blvd., Metairie, LA
Comparison: less expensive than average
More Reviews (52)
- See All Bicycling
- See All Drag Queens
- See All Balconies versus Galleries
- See All Creole Style Pizza and Pasta
- See All French Quarter Carriage Rides
- See All Voodoo Dolls
- See All Street Performers or Buskers.
- November Packing List
- See All Pickpockets Vacation Holiday
- See All Late Night Pizza and Daquiris
- See All New Orleans History
Been to New Orleans?Share your travels with the world!
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
New Orleans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
- "new orleans louisiana"
- "The Naughty Madame"
- "New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
- "Crescent City Comes Calling"
- "THE BIG EASY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Orleans
- Hotels in New Orleans
- Transportation in New Orleans
- Nightlife in New Orleans
- Restaurants in New Orleans
- Shopping in New Orleans
- Warnings and Dangers in New Orleans
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sri Sayang Resort Service Apartment
- Travelodge Cardiff Central
- Chobe Marina Lodge
- Ramada Prague City Centre
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
- Residence Unic Renoir Saint Germain
- Coin De Mire Hotel Cap Malheureux
- Coqui del Mar
- Super 8 Motel - Juneau
- The Frangipani Resort
- Hotel Park
- Nissaki Beach Hotel
- Birmingham Central Backpackers
- Sarovar Portico, Manali
Badges & Stats in New Orleans
- 54 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Orleans
Read real reviews about New Orleans Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest New Orleans hotel reviews
- Midtown Hotel New Orleans
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Holiday Inn French Quarter
- 298 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Holiday Inn Westbank
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- La Quinta New Orleans Downtown
- 449 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter
- 384 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Cotton Exchange Hotel Downtown
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Best Western St Christopher
- 248 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Place d'Armes French Quarter Hotel
- 1371 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- The Bourbon Orleans Hotel
- 993 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Chateau Orleans
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2013
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast New Orleans
- 459 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Renaissance Arts Hotel
- 499 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Bienville House Hotel
- 517 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Biscuit Palace Guest House
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Empress Hotel
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Bourbon Street- 50 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Garden District- 34 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Swamp Tours- 34 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Jackson Square- 51 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Cemeteries- 44 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Cruise the Mississippi- 30 Reviews, 50 Photos
- French Quarter- 53 Reviews, 94 Photos
- St. Louis Cathedral- 34 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Plantations- 22 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Riverwalk- 25 Reviews, 30 Photos
See All New Orleans Things to Do