"Crescent City Comes Calling" Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans by ATXtraveler

New Orleans Travel Guide: 4,198 reviews and 7,269 photos

Mardi Gras in the Bayou

It all started seven years ago for me, when I was single in college and playing rugby. Every year, New Orleans' (or Nawlins to locals) neighbor city, Baton Rouge had its annual rugby festival. Yearly we would make our pilgrimage to Baton Rouge, which would always include one or two nights in Nawlins. This tournament was always held to coincide with the weekend prior to Fat Tuesday, which is held 41 days prior to Easter Sunday and is the last day of sin prior to the festival of Lent in Catholicism.

7 years later, out of college, in our careers... the gentlemen I call my best men went back into the fray to see why we are all too old to do this... and here are the pictures.

**Updated: Sarah and I had the opportunity to spend a weekend in New Orleans with Anna... interesting to view the French Quarter from the family perspective!**

• Last visit to New Orleans: Nov 2008
  • Intro Updated Dec 2, 2008

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2009 at 4:14 PM

It sounds like you should have taken the boat in and walked to the room to save some bucks for bars, or did you use that mint money? Good job.

• Apr 23, 2009 at 4:39 PM

This Hotel Management Sucks. No Concern for any SPG members

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed your pages here as usual Mark :o) The Rajun Cajun Bloody Mary sounds cool!.....and those beads!...how interesting :o) Cheers, Ann.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2008 at 8:24 PM

You can't go wrong with a mule named Sweet Willie! Nice updates :-)

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2008 at 12:57 PM

It was fun reading over your tips to compare what we've seen--I'd love to return to this historic city for its sites, its cuisine and its interesting past....

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Wonderful New Orleans page - I'm so homesick I can't stand it! I hope you had a great time!

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Good updates honey. I enjoyed our trip!

• MommaCarroll's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Good page.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Nice job! I've always wanted to go here. I could eat my weight in beignets, but I'm not so much into okra and andouille sausage.

• kschatterbox's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 11:01 AM

You have to watch out for pick pockets here most of the time! On our vampire tour they told us when it was over to act like you live here and you wont run into any problems. Great page on NO!!

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in New Orleans

Have you been to New Orleans?

Latest Activity in New Orleans