"Crescent City Comes Calling" Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans by ATXtraveler
New Orleans Travel Guide: 4,198 reviews and 7,269 photos
It all started seven years ago for me, when I was single in college and playing rugby. Every year, New Orleans' (or Nawlins to locals) neighbor city, Baton Rouge had its annual rugby festival. Yearly we would make our pilgrimage to Baton Rouge, which would always include one or two nights in Nawlins. This tournament was always held to coincide with the weekend prior to Fat Tuesday, which is held 41 days prior to Easter Sunday and is the last day of sin prior to the festival of Lent in Catholicism.
7 years later, out of college, in our careers... the gentlemen I call my best men went back into the fray to see why we are all too old to do this... and here are the pictures.
**Updated: Sarah and I had the opportunity to spend a weekend in New Orleans with Anna... interesting to view the French Quarter from the family perspective!**
I noticed that most local youths were highly efficient on the number people riding each bicycle. In some cases, I saw... more travel advice
Although technically this is not a tourist trap or a "danger" per se, I did want to make sure I inform some viewers on... more travel advice
- See All Creole Style Pizza and Pasta
- See All French Quarter Carriage Rides
- See All Voodoo Dolls
- See All Street Performers or Buskers.
- See All Style in the heart of the Quarter
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
New Orleans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
- "new orleans louisiana"
- "The Naughty Madame"
- "New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
- "Crescent City Comes Calling"
- "THE BIG EASY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Orleans
- Hotels in New Orleans
- Transportation in New Orleans
- Nightlife in New Orleans
- Restaurants in New Orleans
- Shopping in New Orleans
- Warnings and Dangers in New Orleans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Orleans
- 54 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Orleans
- Posted in Travel Caddo Lake State Park Forum "Re: From Dallas to Caddo Lake "
- Commented on one of VeronicaG's New Orleans travel pages
- updated a New Orleans Travel Page "Crescent City Comes Calling"
- Wrote a Review Bicycling about Walk/Bike in New Orleans Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Drag Queens"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 62 reviews, 107 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 76 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 54 reviews, 72 photos
- Richmond Intro, 31 reviews, 61 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 40 reviews, 50 photos
- Dallas Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos