"Monroe: Louisiana's gateway city to Mississippi" Top 5 Page for this destination Monroe by ATXtraveler

Monroe Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 137 photos

Monroe, Home of ULM

One of my close friends, Dan Augustine moved from St. Joseph, MO to Monroe, Louisiana to coach football at UL - Monroe. During our visit there, we were able to go to a ULM game... which was a great experience and really a community event. Here I am with the ULM Mascot.

• Pros:Great Gumbo
  • Cons:Didn't stay long enough to find any...
  • Last visit to Monroe: Oct 2004
  • Intro Written Dec 19, 2004

• Dec 17, 2011 at 6:46 AM

When was this picture with the Mascot taken? I was the ULM Mascot from July 2004 to May 2005

• Gloriann's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I live in West Monroe and Bennigan's was one of my favorite places to eat, but I am sorry to say that it has closed . A new restaurant is in it's place now.

• Jan 28, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Nice picture of you and our former mascot. The University is getting rid of him due to NCAA rulings saying he was politically incorrect.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 7:40 PM

Nice job.

• Small_World's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2005 at 8:10 PM

Wow. From Texas to Melbourne - what an exciting move! (It's a good thing you took your picture with the ULM mascot--he is no longer there.) I'm enjoying looking through your pages - great work! Thanks for stopping by my page. :-)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2005 at 9:04 AM

Nice page! Like the intro pic!!! Watching a football game in person is such fun!!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 11:21 AM

you both look just great together, heard of M.Monroe, ^..^ but this place here looks lovely too.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2004 at 9:26 PM

I never knew there was another Monroe apart from Monroe NY. Live and learn.

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Monroe