"Waikiki: Big City on the border of Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Waikiki by ATXtraveler

Waikiki Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 811 photos

Waikiki

Normally, I would do a bit of research and teach you a little bit about the history of the place I have just visited. It would have nothing to do at all with what Waikiki is today, so I figured I would skip it, and get it right down to the tips.

Remind yourself that you are in a tropical paradise, no matter how hard that is with the various sights you will see on a constant basis here.

• Last visit to Waikiki: Jul 2004
  • Intro Written Aug 2, 2004

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2008 at 5:18 AM

Hi Mark, next time I no longer need any Guide but your suggestions only. Congratulations!! Laszlo

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2008 at 10:32 AM

We'll be visiting Oahu in June--can't wait! You've painted a great picture of this beautiful island! Thanks for the tips, Mark.

• MommaCarroll's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2008 at 8:15 AM

Welcome back from Hawaii... how was Uncle Jeff?

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2008 at 8:52 PM

I tell you what: I'd tangle with that quirky sushi chef and that snooty guy over to the Seaside.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 3:00 PM

Nice page...I can't wait to visit Waikiki!!! :)

• rosie235's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 12:53 AM

Hi Mark, Thanks for the tips. I'll be in Hawaii as you will be settling in Melb. It will be great to meet you both when you arrive. Rosie

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 4:55 AM

Those Pfluegers really get around. And so do the rainbows. How clever of the Hawaiians to drape their airport with one. One of the things we loved most on our trip to Hawaii was the rainbows which seemed to be everywhere.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2005 at 10:47 AM

I really must try and visit Hawaii someday. Looks a really great place!

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2004 at 12:14 PM

Nice shot of the rainbow over the airport! Lucky you to travel here on business!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2004 at 1:50 PM

Great page Mark. My computer kept locking up everytime I ventured to this page....hmmm, maybe it didn't want to leave such a lovely place either......lol!

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Badges & Stats in Waikiki

Have you been to Waikiki?